Texas A&M University Class of 2026

It’s done in AIS, not howdy.

1 Like

There is a My Documents tab on the AIS and you can upload the LOR as a PDF if the recommender sends it to you, otherwise they must mail it. This is where we added the Meningitis shot records as well.

3 Likes

Is AIS separate from applytexas and howdy? So we submit applytexas. Then get access to the AIS and then howdy? Three separate systems to complete everything? Trying to understand the process here. :grinning:

Ais is the Applicant information system. It’s where you’ll follow the status of your application. Howdy is what the student will use from now til graduation and beyond. AIS goes away.

It has checklist, documents for upload or received, your two major choices, etc. once your application is done, your status will go to “application complete and in review”. Something like that.

So go apply Texas is where you apply and AIs is status and supporting documents (that are optional).

Hope this helps. :smiley:

1 Like

My sons SRAR was Green checked on 8/19. His class rank is still not complete. Does this seem like a normal wait time for that? It’s they only thing outstanding for his app to be complete. He applied on 8/2 so not having the app complete more than 3 weeks later is a bummer for sure!

Also - Does the AIS system update immediately after a change is made to your status or are all changes for the day reflected once a day? I don’t want to check the site multiple times a day if it only updates once per day. If it updates once per day, does anybody know when?

She called and spoke to a professor. Not sure which one. I would recommend calling the admin in the school you are interested in and see what they say.

Ais seems to update throughout the day. Regardless, you know you’ll keep checking (just like all of us have or do) lol. Can’t help it.

Now the glorious 6 tabs on Howdy (indicating acceptance is coming) that updates in the month g around 7.

And I do agree 3 weeks is a long time to get a ranking. It would not hurt to call to confirm with admissions.

1 Like

@h2omom, my daughter is considering the Engineering Village @ The Commons. Since your daughter was in it, any additional insider info would be great. Are the program components they advertise (peer mentors, peer tutoring, theme-based programs) useful and engaging? Any big differences between the General Engineering LLC (Mosher and Aston) and Engineering Honors LLC (Mosher)? Having the dining hall and other amenities under the same roof is a big plus to us (I actually lived there back in the day).

@ChristiR93, sorry if my repost caused trouble. I was trying to be helpful.

No worries. Who knows what triggered it. All I know is I’ve been on here since 2017 trying to help where I can.I’ve “earned” so many badges, you would think they would reach out to me before suspending the account. I’ve tried to reach out to them, but no reply. Oh well. I’ll keep doing what I can.

To be more clear…

he applied on 8/2,
finally got UID on 8/14,
SRAR green checked on 8/19
Sooo he has been waiting for a week for the class rank.

Thanks for all the help you provide on here!

1 Like

How does dorm selection work for the Corps? Is it still crucial to put a housing deposit right away? DS will be waiting on service academy decisions (won’t come in until late spring) so won’t want to commit to TAMU immediately if he gets accepted.

My son in same boat. Also green check on SRAR on 8/19. No rank yet - his high school doesn’t rank (OOS). I was going to give them until 2 week mark after SRAR cleared to see if it gets designated, but if not then reach out, or have him reach out, to see if they need something from his counselor. My guess is they’re working through those that have rank or auto admits first (or those they’re familiar with), etc. - but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Application submitted: 8/19
Transcript submitted: 8/24
UIN received: 8/25
All green except SRAR
SRAR submitted: 8/26
All green/In Review: 8/28

1 Like

Major: Engineering/CS

Will he for sure go in the corps if he chooses Tamu? If so he’ll get the dorm his outfit is in. I would still put down housing deposit just in case he changes his mind on corps. Peace of mind if nothing else.

2 Likes

I think there must be something that is holding up some of them from having a rank calculated.

My son has had green check on SRAR since 8/16. Nothing on the rank yet. His HS doesn’t rank, and we are OOS. Curious if anyone that is OOS with a non-ranking high school has a rank showing up with a green check yet.

Is there a recommended way to add information to the completed application? My son was accepted into NHS after we completed the app. I was thinking of uploading a copy of his certificate to the documents section of the app but want to make sure they will see it.

You can also do a resume.

@Lrowen01 Last year, there was a check box in the application to indicate if a resume would be attached. So if one doesn’t mark the box (ie no resume will be attached) but then attaches a resume later, its hard to say if they will actually look at the resume, but it surely cant hurt to attach one.

Was there a check box this year to indicate if a resume will be attached?

Ooh good call. Didn’t know that was a thing now. Agree though that it would hurt to add supplemental info even if not checked.

And NHS is great but very common for aggie applicants so I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. They like leadership roles in these societies tho so if that happens, highlight that!!!

2 Likes