Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Dad here. Hang in there. My son is in a similar boat–also got accepted to Penn State this weekend and also received the option to be considered for waitlist / Blinn Team last Friday. Will be curious to see how things turn out as well. His stats for reference:

• 3.62 UW / 4.53 W (cumulative)
  • 7 AP courses taken (11 total by graduation)
  • NHS, Soccer, volunteer hours, etc.
  • ACT 27

We’re hoping A&M works out, but if not, Penn State seems like a great school (but yes, the out-of-state tuition is pretty brutal).

Just an FYI that West Virginia and Nebraska also have forensic programs and are very generous with scholarships - if that helps any. Central Florida and Ole Miss have programs as well, although I think they are more on the chemistry/biochem specialization end of the field. I’m not sure on their scholarship programs, though.

Does anyone know where Blinn Team falls within the Accountability stats – Applied, Admitted, and Enrolled?

@FriscoDad. When applying to an engineering academy the NetID is the same. My son already applied for Blinn-Brenham and in the manage applications, it shows both the regular A&M application and the Academy at Blinn-Brenham.

Blinn could be, the other five community colleges are not.

3.93 GPA Unweighted and I had a 1210 SAT that I did not submit.

2 Likes

For those that received the Blinn/waitlist offer…was it in your portal or in an email?

It was under the AIS. Applicant Information System. You had to go look for it… not in an email.

2 Likes

My daughter received a text to tell her to log in to AiS and check.

2 Likes

My daughter will graduate in May from the university of Nebraska with a forensics degree. They do have generous scholarships for out of state kids. For a Big 10 school we pay less for her than we will pay for instate in TX for our son next year.

3 Likes

This is after he was accepted to Blinn and then applied to TAMU from the link forwarded from Blinn. He got the email from A&M (after applying to A&M for Eng Academy) saying to create a NetID and when he went to create one it said he already had a NetID.

Not at all. My son is part of the Engineering Academy in San Antonio. He applied and was accepted to A&M first and then applied to the Academy. It is a great 2 year program. They are 100% A&M students and are still able to get the schoool ID, sports pass, etc. They take several trips a year to the main campus. Just this past week, they went to the job fair where my son made several contacts with companies. It’s the best of both worlds as you pay A&M and community college tuition. Of course he still living at home, so we save on housing as well. He will transition in the Spring of 23, completing the program in 3 semesters.

5 Likes

My son has not received an offer, nor seen any changes on his AIS. 1st choice Construction Science 2nd choice Geosciences.

My question is in regards to those that did see the selection last week in AIS for options such as Blinn Team, Waitlist, etc. I remember my son filling out some checkboxes on his application in regards to the alternate pathways. I know he selected Gateway and Blinn Team as options when he submitted his application. (He submitted August 1st.) Could it be that maybe those that didn’t fill out that part of the application were then asked to make those choices in AIS at this time? And maybe those that filled out that part of the application during initial application submission did not receive the message in AIS? I’m probably overthinking this. Maybe @ChristiR93 or @FriscoDad have some thought on this. Thanks!

I like you’re thinking, but sadly that isn’t the case. Those that got this option last week have a high probability of getting at least team (especially if they only chose team). Yes some may get PSA but it won’t be that many from this group.

I believe last year they offered this up twice. There’s also just team to be offered (no option to choose, you just get team).

Gateway should be coming soon. About 600 kiddos get this offer or maybe 600 take this and enroll. Frisco dad is the star king.

2 Likes

Thanks! We are definitely hoping for Team or Gateway. Will continue to be impatiently patient and wait.

2 Likes

It’s a good theory, but my son definitely checked ‘Blinn TEAM’ as an option and he got the offer of Waitlist or BlinnTEAM Consideration. I also asked admissions (called them) and made sure Blinn TEAM had been checked on his app and they said yes.

My daughter is also awaiting construction science. She did not check any boxes on her application and she did get the email last week to consider other options. Based on what I’m reading here, it seems like the construction science path at this point will not be a full admit but just one of the options. I hope I am reading that right so we can get her prepared to start focusing on the other schools
She has been admitted to.

I’ve got one son waiting on construction science as well.

My son did not check any boxes on his application so maybe that’s why he was not given an option and hasn’t seen any movement on AIS. Hopefully we’ll hear something this week so we can all move on.

1 Like

My son did not select alternate paths as options in his application to A&M. Does that mean he will not be offered such a path, in case he does not get direct admission?

How do you apply directly at Blinn Team?