Texas A&M University Class of 2026

They do not withhold the offers if a box isn’t checked. Don’t worry. He didn’t miss anything.

1 Like

I hope so, just re-read the application and prompt clearly says, “Selecting ‘no, I am not interested’ may negatively impact a student’s opportunity for admission to BlinnTEAM.”

I was also thinking that it feels like the next couple of weeks will tell the tale, to some degree, for the majority of those that have not seen any movement on AIS/were not offered waitlist options last week. Does that seem correct?

2 Likes

I truly don’t think it does tho. There have been plenty on here and my own personal knowledge of students who were offered this in the past without selecting it.

I wouldn’t stress over it is all I’m saying. If Tamu wants you, they’ll make it happen.

1 Like

Appreciate your response…my son has decent stats, not as high as a lot of other applixants here…fingers crossed!

2 Likes

@Lahoreia Blinn TEAM and Gateway are only offered by A&M, students can’t register for them.

1 Like

@Lavalocks19 where did you find it in AIS and were you on a mobile device?

My friend’s son is also still waiting to hear and he is Construction Science.

Sorry for late reply. From last few years, when TAMU wanted a student, they offered Blinn/Gateway regardless of what applicants indicated in applications.

1 Like

My daughter chose waitlist. She was also accepted to UT Austin this past week. We’ve heard to hold out hope for waitlist. You have so much experience. Do you think it is wise to hold hope or move forward with UT?

So the Howdy Portal has 7 tabs this morning. AIS has not changed except to still say being considered for Blinn. Although major is AIS is now Blinn EN BAC or something of that nature. So does this mean TEAB acceptance is coming soon?

6 Likes

Did y’all choose Blinn team only?

1 Like

Decision day is May 1! You have time to formally accept! I would keep both options open until decision day. We are with SMU and A&M.

1 Like

Thank you! Housing at UT seems to be a bit tricky. If she accepts that offer but then TAMU have a spot- what is the process to switch? Is that possible?

Do you think this would work in reverse?

My student is engineering so the choices were Blinn, Galveston or McAllen. Was only able to select one. So different from team or waitlist choices

She can wait to accept until she has made her decision or May 1st whichever comes first. We put down a housing deposit and signed a housing contract with A&M and she will pick a dorm room in April but we can cancel it as long as we do so by May 1. I’m not sure what UT Austin’s process is for housing but you can check and see how their housing works in relation to acceptance. Keep in mind you can move forward on the process with both schools without formally accepting yet. Also yes you can back out after accepting. So if she doesn’t want to miss out on something that requires acceptance, she can accept and if things change she can accept another offer and back out on the first. Just like a job- you try to avoid that scenario and navigate it carefully, but you do it if you need to.

4 Likes

Wow, congratulations to your daughter! A UT acceptance is impressive and it is a great school. I don’t know anything, but I’d be tempted to move forward with it.

2 Likes

I would wait to accept. UT housing has been open for applications since August 1. If that is a possibility, I would suggest completing that application and then waiting until she can decide between the 2 schools. My son has housing applications at both UT and TAMU while he waits until more info to decide.

5 Likes

Yes. TEAB acceptance. Congratulations!

2 Likes