Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Congrats to those who got TEAM. Has anyone who last week received ‘Waitlist or TEAM Consideration’, ‘TEAM Only’ and ‘Waitlist Only’ who chose ‘Waitlist and TEAM Consideration’ gotten their major changed to TEAM/ 7 tabs yet? Or just the people who did ‘TEAM ONLY’

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply and insight. Good luck to all those still waiting and praying like us!

1 Like

DS saw 7 tabs this morning in Howdy Portal! He chose TEAM only when presented with the options last week.

4 Likes

Son chose both waitlist/TEAM consideration and no change to his majors today. We did receive Aggieland Saturday (Feb. 12) email reminder today . . . so wish we knew something by then so he could truly enjoy it and attend sessions applicable to him. Patiently waiting and praying!

1 Like

I am also curious about this. My son received the 7 tabs today and his Blinn Team and the major says General Studies, which is concerning because he only wants Blinn Team for Mays. Does anyone know if all of Blinn Team gets General Studies as their major first and then they register under Mays Blinn Team?

1 Like

DD just sent me screenshot of her extra tabs as well. She chose TEAM only as option last week. Major changed to TEAM yesterday and got tabs this AM.

3 Likes

That’s a great question for @ChristiR93 .
I can’t remember if those wanting Mays are admitted to TEAM BUAD or TEAM General Studies.

@ALN Thanks for calling- wow, crazy amount of applications. But… again wondering if we are just awaiting the PSA offer.

May I ask again…to those knowledgable of the process… is there still hope of direct admittance at this point, or are most of us looking at the PSA offer (or another alternate path)?

1 Like

@Mullybirds what majors did your student apply for, when did they apply and what are their stats?

My daughter just saw 6 tabs for Blinn Team but it says General Studies as a major. Her first choice major was Kinesiology. Are all Blinn team students General Studies? Cannot find info on this. Thanks

1 Like

NO CHANGE YET, Still “in review”, COLA History, The only thing that has changed was in the finical aid changed to a part that says- You are in good academic standing.
Unweighted 4.0 with 40+ duel credits complete, homeschooled.

@52AG82 , my son applied in early October. First choice major is Applied Math, 2nd is Math. Stats is 720 in Math. 9 AP. 4 Years Varsity Soccer, LOR from Coaches, top 15% ( is assigned 1st quarter on AIS). When we met with the Professor from the Math Department back in Summer, she thought he had an impressive Stats specially Math portion of the SAT.

1 Like

@52AG82 Psychology / Political Science. 1400 SAT 3.83GPA/4.0. 1st QTR. 9AP Not a lot of activities, which may hurt. She was in such a hurry applying because that was recommended that she rushed through her essay and forgot some activities :frowning:

1 Like

My son applied for business first and math as the second choice major. Got the options last week and chose Team only. Got all the tabs this morning and can apply for housing. His major now says Blinn TEAM and GS for general studies. I assume the pathway to Mays is still available, though, right? I want to be sure about that before we sign up for housing while he’s still deciding.

2 Likes

That is not true about Gateway. I know several who were offered Gateway over the years and had AP and or DC classes. I will say they had high GPA’s but low SAT scores.
Hang on. It’s not over till it’s over.

5 Likes

@ALN i don’t know much about Math, other than a friend who is Applied Math major. Both a small majors. What’s the total SAT? Did you get the consideration options email last week?

Same here. Applied for College Station BS CS 1st choice and BA Computing 2nd choice. Now showing Engineering at Blinn BAC 1st choice and “vanilla” Engineering BA Computing as 2nd choice. Don’t see 6 tabs in howdy but Financial Aid status does show “You are in good academic standing.”

1 Like

@52AG82 , No, we did not receive any consideration options at all.

1 Like

Then my gut says you’ll either get a full admission offer or PSA…but that’s pure speculation on my part. Gateway could still be in the picture, too…

1 Like

@TxMomof02 , thank you for this update. My son wouldn’t mind Gateway really. He just does want to go the PSA route.