Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@miaggie1, has your son heard anything back yet about a decision for the Brenham Campus? My daughter applied for that program as well. Thanks!

My son also got this update under manage applications. Does this mean Galveston will be his only option? No TEAB offer? Nothing has changed in AIS. Still have “change major” button. Still hopeful for something other than a PSA. Any advice on this?

Application Status: Under Review
Level: Undergraduate
Major: ENGE - General Engineering
Program: BAC-ENGE-GV

I’m considering either reaching out to our regional recruiter (or have my son do so - provided he will do it). Is that advisable? And if so, is email or text better, do you think, or would calling be better? I’m honestly not sure what I’d ask, but I’d pick up the phone right now, ha, if it would help any. I have a feeling my son would play it a lot cooler :neutral_face:.

1 Like

No waitlist or Blinn option? I’m worried I may have given bad advice to S22 to change second choice of major around Nov/Dec. and screwed up his application…

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats for the rest of us still waiting?

Yes…acceptance rates online, as well as average SAT/ACT is misleading indeed. According to US News, “Texas A&M University admissions is more selective with an acceptance rate of 63% . Half the applicants admitted to Texas A&M University–College Station have an SAT score between 1160 and 1380 or an ACT score of 25 and 32.”

1 Like

Financial Aid Awards are out, just received an email about half an hour ago telling me to check my financial aid portal. TAMU was extremely generous, I received 18,000 in need-based aid (not including loans or my pell grant)

9 Likes

Yes Galveston engineering offer coming. AIS likely update in a day or two.

Galveston and TAMU shares the same ETAM process.

Congratulations!

The only difficult part may be having to leave the beautiful Galveston to college town main campus in sophomore year!

She didn’t submit scores because her counselor told her not to!

@Amy_Collier My son has not heard anything from A&M on his regular application or the Blinn Brenham Academy application (he was accepted to Blinn). I am pretty certain that we won’t hear anything from A&M on the Blinn Brenham Academy until April. At least that’s what it says on the Blinn website.

Definitely have your son call.

1 Like

My daughter received her Gateway offer last year. She had 24 DC hrs and is not a first generation college student. I’m not sure what they base their offers on. So many students she met last summer had similar stats. It seems to be very qualified students that didn’t quite make the initial cut but A&M offered them the next best thing. Great, successful experience overall!

4 Likes

Thank you!! And sure!

My Stats:
OOS
3.68 UW GPA
Second Quarter
5 AP Classes
5 Honors Classes
5 College Classes with A’s in all but 1 B+ (Not counted in GPA but sent transcripts)
4 Coursera Courses
Numerous EC’s such as hackathons and starting/leadership in organizations
No test scores submitted

Hope that helps and good luck to all those waiting!!

1 Like

Thank you so much and for sure!! It looks so pretty, I can’t wait to visit in a few weeks!

2 Likes

No, no options for him. Just the same old screen, sadly.

Ok - will try to get him to reach out. Thx.

1 Like

We had setup zoom call session with a regional advisor and prepared specific questions around the admissions process and alternative admissions.

1 Like

If Majors Aren’t Full But Admissions Says the University Is Full… just wondering how this works? I was reading on reddit and other places that the ‘admissions’ is full but individual majors are NOT, such as Foresnsic Science, Animal Science, Biology… I know that my son’s major isn’t full because I called admissions and they said it wasn’t. I don’t understand how this is mathematically possible. Can admissions not admit until each major is ‘full’?

3 Likes

@misterhemmings perhaps the university is attempting to take a smaller freshman class this year? They need to! (it’s insanely overcrowded-not enough parking or dorms, students can’t get classes, sporting events are a tough ticket to get, internet can’t keep up, traffic is horrendous, etc).
Simply speculating…

2 Likes