Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Top 10% of TX admits (I’m not looking at OOS or International)
Fall '19 58.26% (13324)
Fall '20 58.53% ((13236)
Fall '21 55.26% (12324)(Percentage went down because significantly less top 10% applied this year)

Thank you.

1 Like

@Tuppence22 it is up to the student and parent to know what each university requires for automatic acceptance. That info can be found during college tours, on websites. We took 10+ official college tours, and each school made it crystal clear what the entry requirements are.
I know I sound like a broken record…but students that apply to ANY college/university, that don’t have the grades/stats/scores for auto admission, need to consider that school a ‘reach’…and have other plans in place.

3 Likes

As a first generation college student, don’t assume every student has a knowledgeable parent at the ready to help them through this process or to take upteen campus tours. Some have to learn as they go, and unfortunately that can put them at a disadvantage. So any upfront, honest info from admission officers is very helpful and appreciated.

8 Likes

Changed today and I hadn’t looked since Friday So it had to have changed today.

3 Likes

@Tee2 that is very true. I would also hope college guidance counselors at schools would help in the process. But I know that isn’t always the case.

1 Like

I just saw this. Not sure how I missed it. Tamu didn’t have off today. Next day off is during spring break.

3 Likes

I got Gateway!!! I am SO excited!!:grin:
My stats:
Gpa- ~3.8
Test optional
2nd quarter

20 Likes

Did you just see it today?

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Yes! I got an email telling me to release my directory info in the manage applications tab and that’s when I saw it had changed to General Studies😁

4 Likes

Does yours still say under review? Mine changed the major and says summer 2022 but still says under review.

I also got that email about an hour ago.

Yes

Congrats @acoc14071 !!

Thank you!

1 Like

Still no word here. Crossing my fingers for an update this week…for all who are waiting!

8 Likes

My daughter also has had her major changed to GEST and term changed to Summer but says under review. So does that mean Gateway?

4 Likes

I believe it does! Same happened to my son. Congratulations!

2 Likes

@AnnKiVe , good luck ! Hopefully good news is coming.

2 Likes

@ALN -still no word for y’all either?