Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Any chance those of you with 6 tabs can let the rest of us know:

1. when you applied
  2. 10% or review admit
  3. major
  4. in or OOS?

Thanks much! I’m going to be cheering all of you on while I wait on my review admit OOS non-engineering and non-Mays student to eventually hear something!

2 Likes

Hi sure can -

1. when you applied - Aug 1
  2. 10% or review admit - Top 10 %
  3. major - Engineering
  4. in or OOS? - In state

Hope that helps and good luck on your wait! :heart:

4 Likes

Six tabs this morning, as well! Such welcome news as this senior year has been a letdown in a big way!

To answer the above question

1. Application was done (completed SRAR, transcript in, etc) on 8/26.
  2. Top 10%
  3. Major is Forensic and Investigative Science (hoping that she got in to that)
  4. In state
6 Likes

To the ones who got their 6 tabs… whoop. So excited that decisions are coming out. Right on schedule.
I see y’all posted stats here, can y’all also go post on the after accepted thread? This will help peeps in the future on timeline and we can start the chatter there about next steps!!! Housing for one. You can probably start that application.

3 Likes

I’ll message you in a bit.

I have some thoughts. I’ll message you in a bit.

1. Applied 8/1 but apply texas glitch happened so 8/17 it was in review
  2. Top 10%
  3. Major-Psychology
  4. In state
  5. 6 tabs 9/17
2 Likes

6-tabs on 9/17.
Below there are 14-tabs (no kidding)
Computer Science major.

1 Like

Major - 1 has changed to =>
Undeclared College Engineering Review BAC

1 Like

So now you wait for engineering review decision!

2 Likes

Any idea on when top quarter (not top 10%) will start to hear back?

Any past history on how long the engineering review decisions take once 6 tabs appear?

1 Like

6 tabs this morning! Has anyone been able to apply for housing? We get a login error?

What is all of the scales that Texas A&M rank for the CLASS RANK Sections ? Like Top Ten Percent, 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter. Which one comes first and which comes second ?

Ex. Top Ten Percent > 1st Quarter?

Thank you.

Top 10% is auto admit if they are instate. So that comes first assuming they got their applications in on time.

After that it goes holistic review. So the top 2 quarters and test scores will be reviewed along with essays, ECs, etc. 2nd quarter admits will need solid test scores or something that sets them apart to hear in Nov/Dec time frame. Most review admits will hear after the 1st of the year. Review admits that hit a certain threshold with scores/course rigor/ECs, will hear back starting in October, but just know these are the exceptions, not the norm. So for anyone still waiting in January/February, you are in good company.

@o_munroe For those already admitted to TAMU, you’ll probably hear back in October/November. Some get pushed to a later decision in Dec/Jan…

1 Like

Unless something has changed since 2018, we can’t apply for housing until the official acceptance to A&M is made by the university. The 6 tabs is an indicator that the acceptance is coming very soon, but is not the official offer of acceptance. My youngest just got her 6 tabs this morning as well.

1 Like

Here’s the timeline for last year admits. I took this from this forum so take it with a grain of salt. CC is a small pool of acceptances but we do represent the norm in regards to timing.

09/06/20: Auto admits rec’d 6 tabs (so we are about a week plus behind)
End of Sept: High scoring exams for all majors received 6 tabs

Oct. 21: Mays/Bims/Engineering and a few other holistic reviews with test scores

Oct. 28: All majors with and without test scores submitted were notified (but no data on quartile and scores).

Mid Nov: Engineering decisions/BIMS/ and some other majors (holistic)

Mays full by November

Early December: OOS started to hear (very few posted tho)

Mid Jan: Gateway/Team and Waitlist offers

Jan. 20th: Engineering for CSTAT given out.

I stopped tracking after that. But there were offers going into February.

1 Like

Last year they were able to jump on housing before official acceptance. The 6 tabs opened the portal for them. TAMU may have caught on to this and shut it down for this year though.

1 Like

For all the 6 tabs… Whoop! Question about the SRAR. When my son put in his weighted and unweighted GPAs in the TAMU SRAR portal, it changed his weighted GPA in the main SRAR portal to his unweighted GPA. Now if sending the SRAR to other colleges it will show the unweighted GPA. Can he update his GPA to his weighted GPA in SRAR without it affecting the SRAR that has already been submitted to TAMU?

Is it 6 tabs on the AIS page or specifically on the My Howdy page?

1 Like