Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Question about PSA that im still confused about…if your major is not offered in PSA, will A&M still offer that pathway? My DD has Rangeland, Wildlife & Fisheries as her first and Zoology for 2nd. Neither are listed under PSA. She’s already been accepted into Tarleton but is still under review for A&M (1st quarter/14%). I’m not getting a good feeling anymore and I’m wondering if she is offered PSA, should she just go ahead with Tarleton and plan on trying to transfer after a year instead of PSA. She leaves for a week in Italy next Thursday so wish we could get a decision before then.

What about engineering majors that don’t participate in PSA?

When change major disappears, means a PSA offer is coming

Even if my major I applied for doesn’t have PSA?

1 Like

Yes. PSA has limited majors that are pathways.

@DejavuBarbie the only guaranteed pathways are those offered thru PSA. Was your daughter admitted to her desired major at Tarleton?
IF (hopefully it won’t come to this🤞🏼) she does get offered PSA, I think I’d stick with straight Tarleton, since she’s already been accepted.
I am sure @ChristiR93 can give more deets & advice.

Basically they will still offer you PSA even if your major isn’t offered. It’s giving you the option to choose another major that is offered. They prefer you stick with that major once you’re at Tamu but honestly after you complete required courses to change major to something else, you can.

1 Like

So are these the only majors still open?

1 Like

She was accepted at Tarleton for her first choice major, Wildlife Sustainability and Eco systems. Her first choice at A&M is Rangeland, Wildlife & Fisheries, so basically the same major.

2 Likes

For engineering, only a few majors participate PSA. The plan B is Engineering Academies which have same ETAM process as TAMU students.

@COLLEGE-2026 I assume so. DS was offered CS full admit but will need to choose one of these majors.

1 Like

I’d stick with already admitted major at Tarleton, IF she’s only offered PSA.

1 Like

My son’s howdy now shows WHOOP! You have been admitted in red. Yay! He is over the moon now! Next week is spring break and his B-day coming. You make his day! I haven’t seen his big smile for a long while.
My son called. Your guess was right, the problem was SRAR. The guy on the phone was not patient at the beginning but as you suggested my son asked about the email follow up instead of application status. He looked it up and fixed it even apologized for overlooking my son’s response last month. He said his howdy would be updated shortly and sure enough it’s now updated as Texas A&M Engineering at Blinn!
Thank you all for the support and valuable information.

18 Likes

I just read the reddit thread ( I know, I can’t help it lol) and someone posted that they’d be sending out decisions tonight. I went and checked my daughter’s AIS and it has changed to PSA. No 7 tabs or anything yet so it may have just changed. Totally expected and BOOMER SOONER! Best of luck to everyone!

8 Likes

That’s awesome!!! Congrats.

1 Like

Did it just now update?

nothing has updated for us yet (biology major). Still states in review

Also bio major. Nothing yet.

No changes here. Now I’m not sure I want a change! …biting nails…

5 Likes

No changes here. If you don’t get PSA will you get notification that you didn’t get in?
Also has there been any Blinn team or Gateway or regular admits this week?