Texas A&M University Class of 2026

It was about 5:30 CST when I saw the update.

Update, the PSA letter labeled Freshman-Deny PSA posted at 3:45

1 Like

Congratulations! Glad you son got it resolved. AIS will likely update tomorrow and try to start Housing and NSC registration as soon as possible.

Outside top 10%, admission office won’t look at particular courses and they count heavily on SRAR indexes for rank estimation. There are several cross references that can trigger email verification. For example, picking Distinguished HS Diploma (DHSP) during application expects 4.0 credits of Math but reporting 3 credits in SRAR will trigger audit. TAMU likely requests via email but there is a chance they overlook your answer.

TEAB is same as full admission. Take MPE4 early and passing it will be Schedule B, not passing it will be schedule A. Schedule A may delay a semester for ETAM so taking M2412 in the summer may be necessary. Student can retest MPE4 but it is best for schedule A students taking M2412 to build solid foundation in Calculus as Engineering has 4 Calculus courses.

4 Likes

Sorry if I missed it earlier, but are you under review with the “change major” button still there?

1 Like

That is great! Congratulations. Did they say what was wrong with the SRAR?
Have a great weekend!

Yes. “Under Review”. All buttons present (change major / withdraw app)

4 Likes

Thanks! Just like Friscodad said, my son’s SRAR was short one science credit. (He had AP Physics 1, AP Chem and Honor Chem). They expect four for distinguished diploma, when my son applied back in August, his was in waiting list for AP Physics 2 so he didn’t fill it out in SRAR, by the time the school starts he ended up assigned to AP Environmental Science but he forgot to update A&M. His SRAR changed from green check to red cross early January. My son replied through AIS but never got any response, the SRAR changed back to green check a few days later and he didn’t think much about it. It appeared my son’s application was just sitting aside so I am very grateful for getting Friscodad’s advice today and all the advice I have been reading here.
I can feel the pain and anxiety of everyone still waiting. Every day since August my son has been checking AIS every morning. Most of his friends got accepted early and talked about rooming and it broke my heart when he said his friends later avoid talking about A&M and dorms in front of him.
My son is 12% from a 5A high school, SAT 1390 but reading was only 630. His English and Literature are good but he is just a slow reader. I am glad it is over and I wish all waiting get their dream school.

13 Likes

Wow! FriscoDad to the rescue!! So glad it all worked out.

2 Likes

Another😃 what if SRAR had a data entry error by mistake? Do they tick and tie to the transcript?

If your child gets a PSA offer for 1st major Computer Engineering and 2nd major Computer Science and they don’t want PSA, is there a plus to applying at TAMU Galveston for Computer Science. Can someone tell me the pros and cons to this?

Not a thing. The only 4 year option at Galveston is oceanography. No computer science major that I found either.

The website says this “ our computer science degree will be offered at Texas A&M University at Galveston starting in fall 2022. ”

Ooooh really. That’s fantastic. Can you provide link so I can educate myself lol. I can’t find it any where.

Found it!!! Galveston doesn’t mention it at all but Tamu does. So if anyone has any info on this, please let us know.

2 Likes

Another page:

1 Like

Is it a good sign for full admission or Blinn-Team if my daughter hasn’t heard anything since August? Major is BIMS, change of major button is still present.

I remember in years past that many BIMs majors were still waiting near spring break time. I cannot remember the outcome tho. I remember one specifically was PSA but not sure if that was overall consensus.

And I say it’s always good to have no news. There’s still hope when that happens.

3 Likes
1 Like

TAMU SRAR detail is in their admission general information.

https://catalog.tamu.edu/undergraduate/general-information/admission/

They do verify the data. If the discrepancy does not affect the results they will likely leave it alone.

1 Like

Thank you.