Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Both of my boys got into Galveston. One applied for Costal Environmental Science & Society and the other applied for Marine Fisheries.

3 Likes

Oh, gotcha. I thought they offered you Galveston through your main tamu app. Didn’t realize you went straight to them. Great job! It’s almost just as hard to get into that campus as it is main campus.

1 Like

DD’s boyfriend was 1st choice Business, 2nd choice Ag Business. It says Blinn Team - General Studies (I’m not super familiar with Blinn Team to know if everyone starts General Studies or not). He applied Aug. 1 and received the Waitlist/Blinn Team possibility option in January. He chose both not knowing that just choosing Blinn Team might have gotten him in earlier. He tried to change it but could not. DD has a good friend with high class rank and fabulous stats who is Biology and has heard nothing at all so maybe the Science majors are the last to roll out this year. Good luck to everyone!!

3 Likes

She has already had her TSI reported to Tarleton.

1 Like

DS22 has withdrawn his admission offer for TEAB (Engineering) today. Hope this frees up one slot for anyone that is waiting. Good luck to y’all

5 Likes

Same thing happened to my son. The “under review” on Manage Application was last to change after getting Blinn Team on 2/01. AIS had updated, paid housing, registered for NSC, and it still said “Under Review” the next day or so. I told him not to worry about it. Later that week (not sure when), it updated to “WHOOP You’ve been admitted” in red.

1 Like

Daughter’s is the same, and I know we had the exact same timing of the process. I’m sure it will eventually catch up, and so CONGRATULATIONS! The banner should be coming in the mail in the next 5-10 days.

1 Like

Bio major here too. First quarter, 1310 SAT, loads of volunteer hours, part time job. Waitlisted and Team since January. Still waiting.

2 Likes

Applied end of September nothing has changed.

Construction Science, second quarter, 3.78GPA, 1300 SAT, lots of volunteer work,Eagle Scout, football all 4 years, Honor Society

Anyone have any advice/input they can share?

3 Likes

SImilar stats for my son and also Bio major. Still waiting.

1 Like

One of my twins had similar stats…he was PSAd last week for construction science. He was accepted last fall to TAMU GALVESTON so he is going there this fall. We were told by advisor during Aggieland Saturday that construction science was full.

1 Like

My senior is still waitlist/TEAM consideration (since late Jan). Hasn’t had any movement in Howdy/AIS since making the selection.
Applied In August. First choice Mays, second choice Agribusiness. Class rank at application 10.6%(final rank 10.4%) 1st QTR, 28 hours AP/DC, SAT 1270, 5.09 weighted 3.9 UW GPA, four year varsity athlete, strong letter of recommendation. NHS, SNHS, NHSS, active in numerous clubs all 4 years, lots of volunteer and academy work hours. It seems like there have been a lot of TEAM and full admits, we’re weary and worried if there will be a spot left at this late stage of the admissions cycle. Accepted at Baylor Hankamer and UH Bauer but heart is set on A&M. Appreciate this thread and the straightforward, supportive feedback :blush:

8 Likes

I mean, if Tamu doesn’t take a kid with these stats, they are crazy!!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::crazy_face:

4 Likes

*Updated my original post on Housing:

An FYI…I saw just now on one of the Aggie Parent pages, that on campus housing is now Temp List & Wait List, depending on what day you pay deposit.
Temp List guarantees a bed, BUT students could start out in a storage closet, study lounge, etc. As beds open up, students get moved. Students have no say in where they go. Some Temp Housing students were still not in a room all Fall.
When it hits Wait List, beds are not guaranteed.

To those who have heard back, where will you first notice a change or decision in Howdy? I’ve been checking AIS multiple times a day, don’t have the 7 tabs, and in both AIS and under Manage Applications it says I’m still under review.

Thank you! We’re still waiting back on one to hear from CS. We’re thinking they’ll send most decisions out by this Friday since next week is Spring Break!

Do you know if construction science is full why haven’t we heard anything? @ChristiR93

1 Like

I checked under my myhowdy mange app and my major changed to Team and then the next day I got seven tabs.

3 Likes

OML SOMETHING FINALLY CHANGED!
Granted, it’s only the fact that my Change Major button is gone, but I’m so relieved that my application hasn’t been used to doodle on! So here comes the next question- what does this mean?
I’ve seen on Reddit that most people whose Change Major button disappeared have received PSA offers, but nobody has ever known for sure. Can someone help me out?

1 Like

That happened to my new Aggie when she applied for housing on 3/8, which was the day her myhousing portal was activated. There are a LOT of nice apartments in B/CS that are on a bus route, and more being built. It will require research though, as there are lots of options. (Now, which ones are almost at capacity I’m unsure of yet.)