Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I saw the post, too, and in the comments the student shared that he or she is a transfer student.

It was my son’s friend who told him she was Top 10% and accepted into the College of Education. She’s currently a Senior, not a transfer. Maybe she was just assuming she would get accepted since she’s automatic? I’m not sure, but she’s the type of girl who is honest and doesn’t boast. I’ll ask him to see if she got her “official acceptance” on AIS yet or a letter in the mail.

1 Like

Definitely ask! Cause that was awhile ago, way before anyone was getting 6 tabs. No way the girl had been accepted 21 days ago, Housing hasn’t even opened up yet; no one has gotten official acceptance.
So strange it is delayed this year…

1 Like

What are the 6 TABS?

6 tabs are located at the top of Howdy dashboard. When your coveted 6 tabs appear, that means acceptance be coming shortly, so be ready!
(example photo shown below)

I saw a transfer student that they got their “whoop you’ve been admitted” message. Since they got their 6 tabs last Wednesday or tuesday, I’m assuming that if it’s on the same time as ours, we should get the first fall 2022 on Friday???

1 Like

I like the theory. Should truly be any day now! = )

@ChristiR93 My son got his acceptance letter dated 9/29/20 for both TAMU and engineering at the same time. He was holistic but would have been an academic admit had they not got rid of it, so it does happen, or at least it did happen last cycle.

1 Like

Will the first form of acceptance notice be in an email, then a letter in AIS (under My Communications > My Letters), and lastly postal service mail?

If I recall correctly from reading a previous year’s thread, isn’t there a separate letter for the University and a separate letter for Engineering?

And I do recall reading from last year’s thread about a 2-week gap from when some people’s 6 tabs in Howdy appeared and when the housing application opened up. Of course, things could change year by year, so we’re keeping our eyes open.

So helpful - thanks.

1 Like

For my son the first sign was the 6 tabs, followed by a letter in my communications, then AIS was updated with the Congratulations message, then the letter in the mail was weeks later.

My oldest son got two letters of acceptance, one in early September 2016 was to TAMU and the second was October 2016 for engineering. He was an academic admit at that time since his high school was private and did not rank. I was expecting something similar for my younger son last year but he got one letter on 9/29 informing him he was accepted to both TAMU and engineering at the same time.

As for housing when we noticed the 6 tabs we were able to register for housing right away. It took a couple of weeks for NSC registration to be available however.

3 Likes

Letter looks like this:

5 Likes

Yep… I remember (and still happy for him). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

End of sept IN 2020 saw high scoring holistic reviews for all majors last year. I’m saying a holistic review isn’t going to hear in the first wave. First wave last year was 09/06/2020 for top 10%. This year was a tad later. No holistic reviews have heard yet.

1 Like

Yes and surprisingly he actually heard both from engineering and tamu at same time, I am not sure I remember seeing that before but it happens

If you are top 10% of your class in Texas, TAMU asks for the official transcripts so that they can verify for automatically acceptance. We went through Naviance to request and submit transcripts. This is how our school handles these requests.

Great info! When you say “followed by a letter in my communications” – where exactly are you referring? Thank you!

I think they mean the “My Communications” tab in AIS:

1 Like

@pbleigh I hope they do that this this year. My daughter is top quarter (giant high school, which I know doesn’t matter), 1380 SAT 700 Reading/680 Math. So a couple of years ago she would have been an Academic Admit. She hopes to be a Civil Engineer. It would be great if we didn’t have to wait until February to hear something

1 Like

Keetsmom - my daughter is in the same boat. 1380sat, 33act, top 25%(3.8gpa). Waiting on holistic reviews. I’m sure our girls will be fine. My son was an academic admit two years ago with a lower gpa and lower sat/act scores. Got his acceptance in October, I believe. Then his engineering acceptance in Feb. The wait is tough, but it tends to work out. :slight_smile:

Anybody seen this before? This is a student in my school. She is a review admit. She does not have 6 tabs, but in her Howdy portal under “Manage Applications” she has “Admission Offered” under the Application Status?

1 Like