Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Okay, we have not seen this. Never, ever. So I cannot say if it’s legit a decision is coming. But what else could it mean? Maybe these are non bubble people that they are going to give admissions to end of month. Last year, high ranking and high test scores were notified end of September, so this could be a new precursor to the 6 tabs.

My only “concern” is the ones with 6 tabs don’t have that. I guess we will hide and wait. Hang in there peeps.

1 Like

Our expert has spoken!

No one has been officially accepted yet. Housing did open up today, for some with 6 tabs, but they still haven’t officially received acceptance.
The sign you want to be looking for is 6 tabs on Howdy Portal.

My daughter is auto admit. Housing phase 1 was available to her this morning and we did it. She has 6 tabs. Still shows “under review”.
Active Applications:
Texas A&M University - Fall 2022

Application Status: Under Review Level : Undergraduate Major: VISL - Visualization (Lower) Program: BS-VISL Location: College Station

4 Likes

I think I read in this forum for last year’s first wave of admits that housing opened in morning and then AIS updated that afternoon. Hope that is what is happening here!

2 Likes

I am not in any rush for housing, since my son has a lease at Callaway. Just wanted to put that out there for those who might be from out of state to consider. I prefer Callaway because I want do anything to decrease possible Covid exposure, since we will be dealing with that again next year. The price is not much more than White Creek with the meal plan and I already have the room guaranteed. Made the same decision with LHD last year and am very happy, move in was a breeze (the one in Austin moved everything in for you, I don’t know if they do that in the one at CS). Plus, when it came time for housing, many freshmen couldn’t find housing on campus because so many upperclassmen chose to stay on campus so it was harder to find a room, and a good room. So wanted to put that out there to consider. There are other off campus apartments but this is the only one with meals included. Plus, have guaranteed parking, which can be hard to come by as well.

2 Likes

So my daughter has the Admissions Offered status also, but not 6 tabs. She did submit SAT and is top quarter. I want to believe this is indicative of good news, but it seems like we all have it so maybe unlikely. Hope not!

2 Likes

Have you had a student live at CS Callaway, or only Austin Callaway? Night and day difference.

Interesting. I haven’t heard of off-campus dorms with the meals included. Is there a website you can share?

Not sure if meals being included is that beneficial. It’s so close to campus, that there are plenty of places to eat.

Park West is another close by off campus housing option.

1 Like

In the same boat here, KeetsMom. I don’t even want to show my son because he would be disappointed if this is just something showing up on every Howdy account this year. He also ended up submitting SAT scores.

@ChristiR93 Maybe because the ones with 6 tabs don’t have “admission offered” because they were never reviewed as they were top 10%/auto admit so they never went through review with their application?

7 Likes

Error message for Housing here too.

Hi Christie,
Good to be here again for my second son. This could be the beginning of a new Dutch Aggie tradition. Let’s see what this “admission offered” notification ends up meaning. Even though my second son’s score is a bit higher than my first son (Aggie sophomore by now), I do/did not expect to hear from A&M yet until somewhere in January.
I guess the waiting game has started (again)!

1 Like

KleinCajun I am also not showing this to my daughter. I’d hate for her to get excited and then be let down. I’m not showing my husband either because he has a big mouth and would tell her. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m just going to sit on it, hope for the best and see what happens.

4 Likes

My son (OOS applicant) was named a NMSF. How do I go about changing a submitted application to notify A&M of his new status? Thanks.

1 Like

Someone should call Aggie admissions and ask them about the Offer thing. Either its an error and they want to know so IT can fix it and stop getting folks hopes up, or maybe they will tell you just to hold tight. But I’ve seen lots of weird things happen on portals, and I would hate a whole group of people to get their hopes up so early.

1 Like

No just Austin.
Heard the food is better in the one in CS.

1 Like

Look up Callaway House College Station.
No dorm is perfect, I just want to make sure my child has their own bedroom and bathroom guaranteed.

2 Likes

Our school called admissions. They said it was an error and did not mean anything. Sigh. I choose to hope for the best for these students and cannot imagine they would place that anywhere on a students portal and then refuse admissions. That feels even more committal than the 6 tabs my own kid has.

2 Likes