Texas A&M University Class of 2026

For those that weren’t auto admit that had admissions offered on their Howdy, there is a statement posted now I guess as the reason it glitched.

I’m surprised they didn’t apologize for the mistake made.

We have her whoop you’ve been admitted!

8 Likes

My daughter has been admitted!

8 Likes

Well I figured it was error because it was too good to be true. So glad I didn’t mention to my daughter! The wait continues….

You’ve Been Admitted!

6 Likes

Ours is also showing admitted! Whoop! Also has language about engineering review through December. Glad to have this first step over though! Congrats and good luck to all!

5 Likes

Did your student live there at A&M?

Oh no! My student lived on campus. We had friends that lived at Callaway tho. It’s pricey, equivalent to Hullabaloo and White Creek. Problem is, it is private, so not all A&M students-Blinn students and anyone else (legally they can’t discriminate, so a middle aged person could technically get placed with your student. Yep, it’s legal, and it happens-can happen anywhere off campus FYI). Does have a bit of a wild, party/greek reputation. Location is great! Food is supposed to be good.
I’m a firm believer in living ON campus for freshman year.
Callaway is a great back up, if a student decides to attend A&M at the last minute, or doesn’t get in and attends Blinn.

2 Likes

You can stop by to tour.

1 Like

Thanks for the information!

1 Like

Congrats to those admitted! Sounds like it was the top 10% auto admits.

2 Likes

Yes. Top 10% only in the first round. Hopefully ona couple of weeks we’ll see high score and 1st quarter admits. Could be 3 weeks if like last year.

7 Likes

Major1: Psychology
Alt. Major: Public Health

1 Like

Thank you. Will ask him to apply right away.

I’m glad you found this forum for advice on not waiting for higher score. So many wait till the deadline.

Also have him take the residual ACT at Tamu. You get scores the next day and they only work for Tamu.

You have to call to register but you can pretty much pick a day that works for you. My son did it on an Aggie game day. He was accepted with a 28 score and a 14% rank in early December of his year. And that’s with there still being academic auto admissions. I also knew a girl with a 24 score the year before that that got in (December as well).

Just food for thought.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. Will reach out to TAMU regarding the residual ACT.

Here is the link about the residual ACT testing at TAMU, but it currently says dates are TBD, so please let us know when you call if they say they are still scheduling.
https://testing.tamu.edu/Exams/ACT

1 Like

Please correct me if I am wrong…for the residual ACT at Tamu, the students are NOT allowed to write on the test. This is hard for some who like to underline/circle text in the questions/passages/etc. Perhaps this has changed?

Whoop! My son got his acceptance before school this morning. He was top 3% in state applicant for Mays. Applied 8/6 and under review 8/18 (I think. I would need to look to be certain). Good luck to everyone!

6 Likes