Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Same for us. My son got accepted on 9/23 (per the letter in the “My Communications” tab of AIS. Under Howdy, we have the 6 tabs and under Manage Applications it says “Under Review”, he is accepted into Applied Math in College Station. Top 7% and 1400 SAT in Texas.

2 Likes

He submitted his application on 9/5 so pretty fast. I thought we’d be getting acceptance at the end of Sept. Maybe cause not that many people go into math (?!).

You are correct! I forgot about that. It was hard on my son cause he didn’t practice that way.

Can you tell me what the residual act held at tamu is? Thank you!! We applied 8/1, not auto entry and feel like we did it alllll wrong. :grimacing:

@mamasev below is info on the residual act tamu gives. Its another opportunity to take the ACT if one can’t sign up locally. For review candidates, having a “good” test score may go a long way in securing admission. Hard to say what good is…an admissions officer last year suggested that anything above 1250 SAT was considered beneficial to ones application. Last year, it came out that applications were graded two ways - using ones test scores and not using ones test scores. Sooo, a bad test score cant hurt, but a good score can definitely help.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate the info!

Also, thanks for your other reply! I had found this thread but thought I would :eyes: at older ones for answers.

1 Like

To add on to what was already said… the residual act shows that you are serious about Tamu since you’re paying just for that exam to count just for Tamu. It’s slightly more expensive as well. And as someone mentioned the student can’t write on the exam itself.

1 Like

My son’s says under review, so I think that means she has been accepted.

It was a “glitch” and all have been reversed back to in review.

1 Like

Anyone top 10% with 6 tabs and not receive notification on Thursday or Friday?

For those with the “6 tabs”, did it jump from 3 to 6? I only see 3 tabs in my son’s Howdy. I know he will be holistic review because we are new to Texas and his HS says they don’t recalculate % until the end of the semester.

1 Like

My daughter is auto admit with 6 tabs and ‘under review’ still waiting for decision. But we submitted app on 9/17 then SRAR successfully linked on 9/23. So, hoping we’ll hear early next week? Unless they release on a set date vs rolling.

uggg, we submitted both on Aug. 8th

I assume you’re also auto-admit? What major? We’re Mays.

I’m just curious if your child was aware of the first come, first serve policy of being admitted to Mays? It fills up fast! Good luck!

https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan/

Yes, it jumps straight to 6. If your school doesn’t rank til end of this semester, Tamu will rank him. All data has to be in by Dec 15th. They will probably rank based on end of junior year.

Holistic reviews typically don’t hear til after December. Those with excellent test scores should hear before then. Other holistic students can also hear back based on the strength of their overall application.

Our DS applied last Sunday and got his SRAR linked to AIS etc. His Howdy account shows " Under Review" and has 3 tabs. I read the above messages and am concluding that at some point his Howdy will reflect 6 tabs? Is there anyone who also applied last Sunday (9/19) and now has 6 tabs?

Same here. My DS applied on 9/19 and his howdy has 3 tabs as well. OOS and no class rank

I assume he is because he is top 10 but it seems weird we did not get the “congratulations” message on Thursday and Friday like all the other kids I know. We are engineering but we know 2 kids that still got it and signed up for housing even though they don’t know about engineering yet.
I hear that comes later.

Your son won’t get 6 tabs unless he’s accepted. Being oos, it may be a while (like months) before he hears. I posted somewhere above the date oos started hearing.