Texas A&M University Class of 2026

We looked into this option and it is interesting. Like you said, it does not follow the ETAM process. They told us that the coding classes were nearly identical to Comp Sci. It is the math and science (primarily physics) requirements that are different. The key difference is that it is a Bachelor of Arts. There is not a lot of data yet on placement rates, as it is still fairly new. I have to believe having access to the engineering job fair would help.

1 Like

I think it is setup to where they have a few specialty paths to pick from, so it really lends itself to that.

1 Like

UT doesn’t have the land space that TAMU has to expand as the numbers increase. TAMU has historically always taken 100% of the Top 10% applicants. Research it and you will see UT changed to Top 6% in 2017, and the Texas House Bill 588 was passed in 1997.

If anyone here is in need of intensive SAT tutoring, send me a message as I have a less expensive recommendation. This would need to be in the Spring/Woodlands/North Houston area of Texas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, question- my daughter applied last week and linked her SRAR yesterday. How long does it take to show up in AIS. Also seems like university did not receive the transcript yet. So showing application as incomplete still. Is it ok if she uploads the transcript in my documents? How long does it take to show all checks and application to be complete?

Also what is the 6 tabs everyone keeps referring too- what does that mean?
Did not realize she was already late to apply.

I would estimate it took between 24-48
hours for the SRAR to link and show up in AIS. It wasn’t a long wait. I wouldn’t upload the transcript because they want an official copy to come directly from the high school to verify it’s authenticity.

The 6 tabs will show up later in the Howdy portal as an indicator that the student is being admitted and will soon see the announcement in the AIS portal. Howdy and AIS are two separate portals for TAMU. Howdy initial will only show 3 tabs when the non-auto admit student is still “in review” or prior to an auto admit being accepted.

Nailed it.

1 Like

Word to the wise going forward… with Tamu… time is everything. Early early early because everything is competitive!!!

What are the stats and major going for?

3 Likes

My thoughts from 23 July for Comparison.

Son:
Out of State - Illinois - Review Admit
Class rank <6% 35/623
GPA Weighted 4.075, (GPA Scale: 4.33 for A, A+ in Honors and AP, 4 for Regular)
SAT 1450 (750 Math, 700 Verbal)(Gave up on ACT at 30)
(AP/Honors Math and Science, Honors Spanish, AP Psychology)
Zero to Minimal volunteer hours
No job
ECs: Piano (not in band), Math Team
Majors applied for 1) Engineering 2) Computing
Visited TAMU in June (Engineering and Mayes)
No Letters of Recommendations

Timeline:
Submitted Application 3 Oct via Coalition App
AIS/UIN received 5 Oct… worked later in the day
SRAR Linked 5 Oct, Green Check 7 Oct
Class Rank Green Check (7 Oct) (Top 10%)
4 Green Checks 7 Oct App Complete
Ordered and linked SAT Score thru Coalition App 3 Oct, College Board Electronically Sent 6 Oct
SAT Score Green Check 8 Oct (was there in the morning)

Applications… What I think he is doing:

UIUC MechE, Undeclared Eng
UWiscon MechE
UMinn MechE
IndianaU Data Science
Nebraska - MechE (Accepted)

A&M application is by far the most tedious application attempted.

1 Like

Yes! A&M was the most tedious application for my daughter too! I was just telling a friend this yesterday whose daughter hasn’t started her TAMU app yet.

1 Like

Engineering major. Heard very competitive
Top 10%, 4.0 gpa- ACT 34.
AP’s in science/math/social/eng available at school. Decent EC’s, Band, community service. Thought she was almost done with essays in September and then found that there were 3 additional supplemental essays which took couple of weeks to complete (marching band season, very hectic). Deadline says Oct 15th so thought it is ok but looking at this forum lots of students applied in Aug/Sep.

Isn’t Engineering review holistic or does that get filled up fast in Oct as well.

Don’t wait. Last year there were some highly qualified applicants that didn’t get into Engineering because they waited until the deadline to submit their application.

She applied last week, hoping it is not too late already.

She will be fine. With those stats she’ll be accepted into tamu straight away and pushed into review with others that applied/apply by Oct. 15th. Then they’ll be reviewed. Those like your daughter will hear before December. Those that are more on the bubble, may not hear til January/February (even if apply by Oct. 15th). Then those after the deadline will also hear Jan/Feb. Some will get full, some will be given the option to be considered for waitlist or academy. Some will be accepted to Galveston/McAllen. So many options/pathways. BUT, I feel your daughter will be in the first group.

If they waited til Dec. deadline, that would make sense, so I’m assuming you mean that and not Oct. 15th.

Thanks for the response. Got worried that she applied late.

1 Like

Anyone get any acceptances this week? I thought surely there would be a wave by 5 PM today…

1 Like

I think the next wave is around Oct 21st.

1 Like

Have ANY holistic review applicants been accepted yet?

No, I don’t believe so, as far as class of 2026 is concerned. I believe only auto admits and some transfer students.