Texas A&M University Class of 2026

New to this forum. I have several questions.

Anyone know LOR submission process for application? It is kind of odd that in AIS it expects the student to submit it via My Document, or snail mail it with a pre-formatted page. Either way is odd. Last year my DD submitted LOR only on Honor application and that one has the email you can fill in for TAMU to send request to the person.

This year ApplyTexas changes a lot and it appears ApplyTexas only sends minimal items to TAMU even though those were entered in ApplyTexas.

I also find out TAMU only shows SRAR status, it doesn’t tell me whether TAMU receives the official HS transcript that we sent last month. Although the AIS status says complete and in review.

LOR is odd. I agree. Teachers thought it was odd too. We uploaded a pdf of the LOR in my documents.

There was a place in the AIS where it showed transcript received and it was checked off when they got it. It took a few days for them to get it and they even emailed my daughter reminding her to have her transcript sent because it was the last thing they were waiting for and she had already sent it they just hadn’t received it yet. But they got it the next day.

Click the “my app status” tab in the AIS.
It looks like this in the AIS when we click the “my app status” tab
Documents required for admission

Essay A Document is received and complete.
$75 UGRAD APPLICATION FEE Document is received and complete.
SELF-REPORTED ACADEMIC RECORD (More Info) Document is received and complete.
CLASS RANK (Top Ten Percent) Document is received and complete.
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT FROM KELLER HIGH SCHOOL Document is received and complete.

Additional documents required if admitted.

Document Complete
OFFICIAL FINAL HS TRANSCRIPT FROM KELLER HIGH SCHOOL Document has not been received.
BACTERIAL MENINGITIS PROOF OF VACCINATION (Details) Document has not been received.
COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT FROM TARRANT COUNTY COLLEGE Document is received and complete.
2 Likes

Assuming you are top 10%? Otherwise, no high school transcript required til graduation.

My daughters LOR’s were given to her as hard copies. We scanned them and uploaded them in AIS. They accepted them that way. We also did this for my son back in 2019, and they took them that way as well (he was accepted and is in engineering now, so I guess it worked out) :grinning:

@martinezcs - sorry, meant to reply to @LuviasTexas

Thanks, it is rather odd going through the student’s hands.

I think my DD did not submit LOR last year, she only has LOR requested through AIS for engineering honor.

Thanks I will have my DS contact TAMU for more information. He submitted transcript via Parchment on 9/18, SRAR last week. My DD did everything herself last year and she is a busy engineering freshman now.

1 Like

He’s top 10%? Then yes, have him call. You want that designation if it’s not showing on AIS.

It will tell you if TAMU received the official HS transcript. If you go into AIS, then “My Documents”, then “Received Documents”, it will tell you what was received and the date. My son is OOS, and our school automatically sends official transcripts with the LOR request. So in that area it specifically says “US Official HS Transcript from XXXX High School” and the date it was received. If it’s not listed there and you need to have it sent, then maybe look into whether you should resend it.

Since we are OOS and not top 10%, the listing of complete items on the front page doesn’t list about his HS transcript at all. It just says SRAR is complete. If you are not top 10%, try the area I suggested above.

Click the “my app status” tab in the AIS. It should have a check box by the transcript received there.

Thank you very much for your information. I think OOS is a bit different. Our HS outsourced the electronic transcript via Parchment TAMU is supposed to receive it within 24-48 hours and show on the AIS main screen like @martinezcs earlier above if the student is top 10%.

1 Like

Learnt hard way w/ two kids wanna be Aggies. Two methods for TAMU to accept transcripts. TREx if TX school. Or mail in sealed transcript. Instructions at: admissions.tamu.edu/contact
See FRESHMAN admissions processing. Mail to the PO box listed there with the Document ID sheet included in mailing.
Even though my kids are TX schools and sent parchement transcripts, the only ones accepted were mail delivery. It takes them 48+ hours to process after receipt, so recommend sending ASAP.
Alternative is to upload official transcript using AIS. This however is a temporary solution.
Wishing all kids all success. I have only been impressed with TAMU Engineering for my kids vs other schools.

Thank you very much for your information.

Good point. My daughter’s transcripts were sent via TREx.

Seems like Parchment electronic is not a good way to send to TAMU. They said they never received it. We had to finally send from parchment via mail, it took 2-3 days extra to process the transcript.
You should Send it via mail ASAP.

2 Likes

Did anyone hear from engineering review yet? Last year I heard decisions started coming in Oct. just wondering!

Not yet for my daughter.

Just paid deposit for my daughters housing. She was auto admit, but a little late getting app in & then had errors with submission (she selected 10th decile, instead of 1st oops…making her look like a review candidate), so there were some manual work arounds. TAMU admission staff were great to help us fix those. Counselor finally got top 10 letter & transcript to admissions officer on Tuesday evening 10/12…email
confirmation from admissions office last night, 7 tabs this morning 10/14, and was able to access housing and apply. AIN still indicates “my app is complete and in review”…. Hoping that acceptance letter will follow soon!

Thank you all for the updates - very helpful in helping my daughter navigate this process. Just wish I would have found it a few months sooner. Lol

Hubby and I are both Aggie grads and I don’t remember it being this stressful….although I’m sure it was at the time. Lol

3 Likes

Well that was a whirlwind. Glad it got figured out. Don’t worry about the official change. Now that you’ve done housing… done deal. It’s official.

What major or did you say and I missed it?

Thanks for sharing your story. Easy mistake to make and I agree, way more stressful now then back in our day!!! And did our parents even worry at all… probably not lol.

1 Like

Lol, whirlwind for sure! She’s first born, super responsible so did most all of it on her own. Her counselor told her to use decile instead of percentile (have no idea why….but her charter school only ranks Top 10% for in-state college admissions only and will not release numerical rank for those top 10 until 5th six weeks UGH). So innocent mistake on her part. Busy working mom of 3 busy kiddos checked it, but obviously not well enough. Lol

She applied Mays, so fingers crossed. Will definitely be important to know for your statistics since she was a later “top 10%” applicant. Second choice International Affairs. Will keep you posted. And thanks for all of your support on this page!

1 Like