Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I am guessing we won’t know in advance when the decisions are coming out. My daughter says hers still shows “Engineering Review” in AIS and Howdy. I have not heard of a “6 tabs”-like precursor that would give us a heads-up.

You can scroll up to check @Eggscapgoats post. I cannot copy the link as CC blocks it.

I believe it is freshmen as the number is in line with what my DD observed. Even though TAMU has ETAM, they still carefully screen candidates to make sure they are successful and most entering their chosen majors. That’s why TAMU managed to keep 80%+ ETAM students to their first choice.

TAMU is very serious about Calculus, not just having MPE tests before enrollment, the calculus classes have 3 exams and a final in a semester and even though same professor may teach several sessions (classes), all will gather at same time (evening) for each exam and each exam is long (2 hours). For those who excel in AP Calculus BC TAMU calculus should be easy. My DD appreciates how detail TAMU professors in teaching cause her HS teacher didn’t cover a lot of things during the pandemic.

What’s ECE?

Engineering review takes longer time, your daughter’s academic is top notch she can focus on applying Brown Engineering Honor now as it requires separate recommendations and essay. Engineering doesn’t “fill up” like May Business School.

Can one apply to engineering honors with out knowing the engineering review decision? That is why wondering when engineering decision come out.

Electrical & Computer Engineering. What my S22 is interested in.

It’s rate is 30% but Aero is half that at 15%. Do applicants specify going in that they want aero vs. ECE? If not, how would one know the acceptance rates?

Yes you can. Engineering honor decision won’t come until Jan or late Feb. With holidays nearing it will add a lot of delay if requesting LORs for honor from your teachers.
My DD applied honor in Jan last year, the LORs didn’t get through electronically and teachers ended up have to snail mail it (USPS slower this year…) took two months to get in the system.
Your DD is auto with top GPA and high ACT, so unless you are applying for Aerospace (with very low acceptance rate even before ETAM) there is no need to wait.

In the link provided by @Eggscapgoats you can select the engineering department, click “Apply” and you will see the actual number of students applied and accepted.

Those numbers were before ETAM or freshmen. After ETAM, the first choice major successful rate was far higher 80%+ per TAMU ETAM web page.

1 Like

I was really hoping some of us would have heard something today!!

3 Likes

I think what @hraj is asking is whether people are submitting applications for Engineering Honors before they even get their acceptance into the College of Engineering (i.e. counting chickens before they’re hatched?).

To put it another way, while we know the Engineering Honors program is very selective, how much of a rush is it to work on the application now?

For instance, (a) forget Homecoming festivities and go work on it now because it fills up quick!!! versus (b) start tweaking your essay, hold off on asking for a letter of recommendation until you get acceptance into Engineering first, and then allowing 2-3 weeks to compile everything (before the holidays) should be safe.

1 Like

None so far :frowning:

Here are the different engineerings that are gouped together freshman year and those that are separate. Thank you for bringing this up. I think it helps.

The freshman year is identical for degrees in aerospace engineering, architectural engineering, civil engineering, computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, electronic systems engineering technology, environmental engineering, industrial distribution, industrial engineering, interdisciplinary engineering, manufacturing and mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, multidisciplinary engineering technology, nuclear engineering, ocean engineering, and petroleum engineering The freshman year is slightly different for chemical engineering, biomedical engineering and materials science

1 Like

@NDTA96 - Yes, exactly. I wasn’t even sure there was an option to apply to engineering honors without knowing the engineering review decision.

Yes, the big difference is chemistry. All engineers need one semester of chemistry, but those considering chem or bio take a second semester of chemistry.

1 Like

Most notices seem to come toward the end of the day- post 4/4:30. I think they try not to disrupt the school day.

2 Likes

Not sure how you used that spreadsheet to determine that Aero has a 15% acceptance. Are you implying that of the freshman that listed aero as their first choice on application, only 15% actually had a successfull ETAM to aerospace?

Oh, did you have student level set to ALL? This spreadsheet isn’t helpful for ETAM results. That has been posted elsewhere, since all freshman are general engineering till ETAM.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/tamu-etam-statistics/2043890/191

2 Likes

I read somewhere on this message board that the 6 tabs gets updated around 7:30 a.m. – usually on a Friday, but also on Tuesdays sometimes. With no word of anyone getting 6 tabs this morning, I am guessing it is not happening today. So, the wait continues.

1 Like

The percentage is pre-ETAM, that means freshmen applied, admit and enroll data. Nothing to do with ETAM.

On the right leave everything at “ALL”, only check department Aerospace Engineering for example You can see 470 applied 71 accepted and 59 enrolled for last year

I’m confused since they are general. Tamu sees their preference but they aren’t accepted based on specific area/major like aero.

1 Like

When can an out of state student who submitted to the School of Architecture (construction management) expect to hear. Submitted in mid-August. Thank you for any insight.