Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@tofuVolley I’m sure @AggieMomhelp will weigh in, but personally, I wouldn’t wait until September to submit. Two reasons:
*she’s got great stats, secure that Mays spot
*if she wants to live on campus, dorm selection time is based off time stamp housing deposit is made. Those students who get earliest acceptance & pay housing immediately, get 1st dibs on dorms. Trust me, this is huge!
I’ve read speculation that A&M ‘may’ send out auto admit acceptances earlier this year, so don’t delay.

2 Likes

Great stats.

Hard to say. It’s usually full by October but not sure if that includes applicants in September or if those are august applicants just being notified. They usually take 1000 but last year it was 1100.

If she truly wants Mays, she needs to get her essay done ASAP. Since she’s automatic, it doesn’t need to be award winning. If she’s wanting scholarships, those can be done after applying.

And most people are busy in the summer, they won’t look at that as a reason not to get it in early.

1 Like

Thank you so much. We’ll do our best to get it out ASAP.

1 Like

Thank you so much. Completely new to this whole process. So she can submit a not as stellar essay for A&M in Mid-Aug to hopefully secure a Mays spot; then , she can update her essays for the honors programs? Not exactly sure what you mean by ‘if she’s wanting scholarships, those can be done after applying’?

Also, can different versions of her main ApplyTexas be sent to various campuses? For example, since we’re auto admit to A&M, we send a decent essay in Mid-Aug but send a revised but hopefully better essay to like UT Austin in Oct?

1 Like

@tofuVolley EVERYTHING at A&M is competitive. Starting with the application process, it always pays to jump on things ASAP.
It’s definitely a ‘snooze you lose’ environment.
Btw, I have a Mays student…it is fabulous!
Don’t delay!

1 Like

@tofuVolley not sure which honors program your daughter might be interested in? University Honors or Business Honors?
Link below is for BusHonors (BH). I can tell you BH is super small and competitive (over 2,200 applied for 85 spots this past year). BH wants a very well rounded student-top of their class, leadership positions held, involved in many activities, lots of volunteerism, high test scores (average SAT for ‘23 BH class is 1520)-they want all of it. BH invitations start going out in early November.
University Honors (UH) is completely separate. No one seems to know what they look for, website very vague. They don’t let those who apply know until very late, like March 31. UH requires living in honors dorms (Lechner & McFadden) freshman year.
Hope this helps!

https://mays.tamu.edu/bba-business-honors/application-requirements/

“Does A&M equally consider all four section scores on the ACT? Are there certain sections that are prioritized?”

If you look back at previous years on this board, it is sometimes a huge mystery why some review applicants get offered admission and others don’t. I hope I am speaking for everyone here when I state that we don’t know for sure how or if individual test scores are considered in “grading” review applications. That would be a great question for admissions and there is a user called tamu_admissions on the TexAgs board. The info that person gave last year was eye-opening to me and DS regarding testing.

However, for an accepted applicant who is now going through another review to get accepted to general engineering, I would like to think that admissions heavily weighs an applicants math/science scores.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how long it takes A&M to send an email with a UIN for setting up the Applicant Information System? I thought I read 24-48 hours after submitting the application through Apply Texas, but I can’t find that information now.

That’s been the case in the past. But we won’t know if that holds true for this cycle til now.

1 Like

I received my UIN (summer ‘17) 5 days after submitting my app…I’m about to be a senior now, how time flies

2 Likes

My step-nephew applied on August 1 despite being on vacation. He wants Mays so should be all set. I’m happy for him and his parents as he’ll be the first to attend a four year college in the family. Self motivated so I predict he’ll be quite successful. He has done well in HS.

That is super exciting. Is he auto admit?

I know your fam is super proud.

Yep, around top 5%. Approx #10 out of 200.

1 Like

That is so exciting. Good for him. Mays is wonderful and he will have a great time!

1 Like

D is top 3%, 1500s SAT, Engineering major. Had planned to submit the application on Aug. 1, but all these essays have slowed her down. Goal for getting the app in early: best dorm choices (considering Engineering Village), and competing for scholarships. It’s getting late on day 3, and still not quite ready to submit. Will it matter if she takes a little more time to get it right on day 4 or 5 (she has daytime commitments)?

She will be fine! With those stats… do not worry. Get it in this week to show commitment, but yes, make sure it’s complete and solid for engineering and scholarship purposes.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Parents–A question on behalf of my rising senior who wants to apply to A&M! How many essays does the application need? I can see one general namely –"What unique opportunities or challenges have you experienced throughout your high school career that have shaped who you are today? "

And another short essay (for Engg, that he is interested in applying to) namely “Describe your academic and career goals in the broad field of engineering (including computer science, industrial distribution, and engineering technology). What and/or who has influenced you either inside or outside the classroom that contributed to these goals?”

Are the above two the only essays? What about the Coalition Essays listed on this site? Coalition Application Essay Prompts | Coalition for College**

Thanks!!

I am in Texas and was reviewing my official High School transcript at the end of 11th grade.
It says Graduation Program Type: Foundation High School Program.

In the column “Endorsement” it says Distinct level of achievement business industry arts humanities Stem. Below them its says Pursuing Pursuing.

However I have already taken 7 AP courses, met all the requirements of DLA have 26.5 credits total so far. (Algebra I II Precal Geom all done) I will have taken Bio Honors, AP Chem and AP physics and will take food sciences 12th grade. Shouldn’t it say DLA already?

In Performance Acknowledgements: AP IB Exams- 8,36; College Readiness Assessments- 6;

No legend to describe what all this means. I went thru all the Course catalogue to find any explanation but unsuccessful.
I am about to upload my transcript to Common application but making sure there is no mistake. Anyone here knows?

Howdy—there is only one req’d “essay”, the one you have is the prompt. There is also the ENGR prompt. There is also this prompt: “ Texas A&M University believes that diversity *is an important part of academic excellence and that it is essential to living our core values (loyalty, integrity, excellence, leadership, respect, and selfless service). Describe the benefits of diversity and inclusion for you personally and for the Texas A&M campus community. This isn’t an essay, per se, but is a response required on the app.

1 Like

Not entirely sure what you’re asking; I would call the Aggieland Prospective Student Center (PSC) at (979) 458-0950, or the main line for the Office of Admissions at (979) 845-1060, though they may end up transferring you to the PSC. PSC has admissions counselors you can speak with—great resource.