Texas A&M University Class of 2026

To piggyback on @aggiewife21’s question, what would be considered a “high scoring” SAT for someone in the second quarter class ranking who applied to engineering (application submitted 9/14 but in full review 9/21). When do you think those applicants might hear back from the school? Huge thanks for all the helpful information on this thread!!!

For Mays business, you definitely need to apply early. First week of October is considered the latest.
Calling AO they will actually tell you Mays is full in November. After that even for high stats will mostly get Blinn or wait listed which is not bad either.

Outside ranking, SAT may play a small role in filtering students. Once passed an acceptable range (e.g. > 1300), the rest is mainly looking on course strength, essays and other activities. Course strength prefers more “relevant” APs over DCs, then the performance on those classes.

2 Likes

@Aggiewife21 1440+ and 33+ are considered high ranking SAT/ACT.

3 Likes

Do you think that a student in the second quartile with a 30 ACT Composite score and an 8 on the Writing has a good chance for holistic review? Hoping to Major in English/Minor in Education

@Khare I have absolutely no idea about English, sorry. But I bet @ChristiR93 might have a good idea.
What is the class rank/gpa?

Non ranking school. GPA 5.875 out of 6.5

1 Like

Thank you. Good luck!

I have not seen any holistic reviews go through yet, so no, I don’t think that has happened.

1 Like

30 is great but 2nd quarter is tough. Do they have a lot of ECs or show real interest in their intended major?

Probably won’t hear til after new year based on prior years… unless the other half of application sets them apart.

Oh and major irrelevant right now. But probably won’t fill up by January, so should be okay.

2 Likes

Christi, are they running behind this year? my son is 1st quarter and has been checking his status. He reluctantly on great pressure from parents, finally applied to other colleges this past weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed they start sending holistic review status soon.

1 Like

It does appear they are behind on holistic reviews. 1st quarter is good with high scores and solid application. Otherwise, it could be December/January time frame.

2 Likes

Can you repost or send to me please, I am unable to find it. Thank you

2 people have already reposted. Let me know if you don’t see it.

1 Like

Just curious…I know that highscoring holistic review applicants typically get accepted earlier, how does the university know which applicants are highscoring

This is a better conversion for all scores.

It will give you the complete table but here is a sample:

3 Likes

Highscoring refers to SAT/ACT test scores, so the applicant sends those to tamu. If you are asking what is considered high scoring, thats a good question, but keep in mind that applications are “graded” (my words) on numerous things, but SAT/ACT scores are considered one of the most important criteria

"(2019-2020) Relative importance of each of the following academic and nonacademic factors in first-time, firstyear, degree-seeking (freshman) admission decisions.

Very Important
Rigor of secondary school record
Class Rank
Academic GPA
Standardized Test Scores
Extracurricular Activities
Talent/Ability

Important
Application Essay
First Generation
Geographical Residence
State Residency
Volunteer work
Work Experience

Considered
LORs
Character/personal qualities
Level of applicant’s interest

Not Considered
Interview
Religious affiliation
Racial/ethnic status"

Has there been any insight into how these factors are treated relative to rigor, rank, GPA and test scores? All are “very important.”

Obviously an athlete’s talent can trump all the rest.

It came out last year that admissions now has two ways of “grading” applicants because of test optional - one using test scores, and one not using test scores - and they use the best “grade” to benefit the applicant.

3 Likes

No, I didn’t mean what test score was considered high scoring (I have a 1460 btw), I meant that how does the university know (because I was curious), like for example do they have a way to filter out all the first quarter with 1400 or highers