Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@ChristiR93 - Does howdy portal get updated first and then AIS? Is there a lag between those 2?

@ChristiR93 I sent a message - I am trying to find the name of the website you created. I know you can’t post here but can you respond via email? Or give me a hint? :slight_smile: I have a friend whose daughter applied this cycle to TAMU and she is wanting to know the details on the process.

@ALN what major? You need to check the TAMU honors page, as UH and every major/dept is slightly different, and not every major/dept has an honors program. And just to clarify, every student is technically eligible to apply, but that doesn’t mean they will be accepted. (I think everyone might get the email about applying to UH University Honors?) A&M is competitive, honors programs are extremely competitive to get into.
It will be up to your student to apply, if they want to, and find out how to apply.

https://honorsprograms.tamu.edu/

2 Likes

So Howdy updates with the tabs first. Then it can take a a day or two for AIS and Howdy to give you the message “Whoop you’ve been admitted” (replacing “complete and under Review”). And yes, there could be a lag between AIS/Howdy status change but not long.

The status can change throughout the day, but the tabs only have come in the morning. Like I checked at 7:00am for months til my son was accepted lol.

2 Likes

Aggie 2 Aggie help

= )

@52AG82 , He is a Math Major.

1 Like

@ALN gotcha. They do have their own Honors program. Since your student hasn’t been accepted yet, I’m assuming he got info about applying to UH? Not to burst your bubble, but I do think every student gets that. Every student is eligible to apply.

1 Like

@52AG82 , oh ok. Just didn’t know what it meant :slight_smile: it’s all good. He applied at UTD on Monday and there is already some movement on his application status page so hopefully he will hear from one of these colleges soon :slight_smile: At this point, I just want him to be admitted into one so he can sleep well.

2 Likes

Program on Howdy changed from Engineering Review to BAC-ENGE-ME. I am a top 10 admit.

13 Likes

My daughter applied to UTD also and it took about 5 weeks to get her acceptance.

1 Like

Same for my daughter! Yea!

5 Likes

My daughter’s howdy changed too but AIS did not update yet. Did anyone’s update?

2 Likes

When did her Howdy change?

Same for my son - Howdy changed to General Engineering, but AIS still shows Engineering Review.

3 Likes

@99_Brock_Ag congrats! Howdy is what’s most important! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Oops. Wrong thread. Deleted.

Honors is a separate application.

OH…I didn’t mention that in my prior post, my daughter was invited and accepted into Honors…even though she had a Gateway invite. The main reason we wanted her to do Honors was that she was guaranteed on campus housing on the Northside, which is what we really wanted. She is in McFadden Hall now and loves it.

1 Like

I am lurking on this year’s page! I am glad I read this. I thought some of the apartments near campus were only for students. I didn’t realize that none of them could legally do that. This may change my son’s plans for next year.

OMG… Compulsive Potential Aggie Parent Disorder! I could have been president last year! I was right where you are! You will make it through. Good luck to your potential Aggie!

3 Likes

Yes! It was awful. What was crazy is that my posting style here translated to another sandbox that I frequent and was asked point blank if it was me.

Hang in there y’all!

1 Like