Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I vaguely remember my son receiving a letter after he applied that said that the BH program had received his “application to BH” (since he checked Business as first choice and interested in honors). It was just a standard FYI letter.

The chance of that happening is totally slim. Most adults do not want to live in student housing.

And most kids go in with a roomie too, so no worries. You have final say on who they room with.

@tmclanton I’m going to send you a FB message😊

How exciting! Is she a holistic review candidate?

She is auto admit!

1 Like

What are EC’s? You think January is likely when we will hear? I think Tom Petty wrote the song, “The waiting is the hardest part…” :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!

Does TAMU do any sort of “your application status has changed” kind of emails? Or is it all about stalking the portal? Son’s status changed to General Engineering but wouldn’t have even thought to look if CC hadn’t alerted me.

1 Like

Anyone here have a student who chose not to submit scores being that it was an option?

My daughter did not get an email when she was admitted or when her status switched to general engineering.

@Hereforcollege once your student has been accepted, it is all up to the student to check Howdy portal often. If they decide to attend TAMU, they’ll need to get into the habit of checking their Howdy and TAMU email daily-that’s where all communication goes (none to parents).
*Congrats on General Engineering!

2 Likes

Ditto. My daughter’s Howdy shows “General Engineering”, but AIS still shows “Engineering Review.” If I recall correctly from an old thread, I think some people said AIS updated the day after.

2 Likes

Extra curriculars. Leadership positions. Jobs. Volunteer hours etc.

2 Likes

Opened up howdy this morning and I’m seeing 6 tabs!

I’m a review admit who applied near the end of August so go check y’all!!

5 Likes

@Sumitn , congratulations ! what is your major?

Applied for Computer Science, Looking at Howdy I’m seeing it’s changed to general engineering

1 Like

Whoop! My daughter got her six tabs this morning. She applied early August and was a review admit with fairly high scores. Her major has also changed to General Engineering but we don’t have any communications confirming engineering yet.

2 Likes

Hey there… congrats! Can you possibly go post your stats on the “after you’ve been admitted” thread. This will help current and future students gauge where they stand.

Thank you and Whoop!

Sure!

1 Like

GOT MY 6 TABS!!!
Submitted application 9/18 in review on 9/20 I believe
Mays (review student)
Top 25%, 1290 SAT score
gpa is not very good
In-state
@ChristiR93 I talked to you in September idk if you remember me lol.

6 Likes