Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@ChristiR93 or other veterans…
Can you tell me when my son may expect to hear something…
Review Admit - in state
Was at a very competitive charter school for 9th and 10th and at a small private Christian school for 11th and 12th. Class size is usually 15 or under. All kids who have applied to A&M in the past are accepted from his current school, so although small, on the Aggie radar.
A&M assigned class-rank of 2nd Quartile (This was a big bummer for him)
Unweighted GPA 3.57
SAT - 1430
12 hours DC classes plus 6 more next semester
many EC, volunteer hours
Local A&M recruiter reviewed his essay and LOVED it.
1st choice Visualization
2nd choice Computer Science
Any insight would be helpful.

Thank you!!! gl to you!

2nd quarter is a bummer but with 15 students, not unusual. Sounds like a great student and his SAT is awesome.

Viz is a small school. So really will depend on when he gets in. Did he have to submit anything else with applications for this major?

I don’t think he will have a problem getting admitted based on what you told us. And I would think he would hear sooner than later. Watch his 1st choice on AIs. If it changes to computer engineering then you’ll know he’s about to be given an offer of some sort for engineering.

Otherwise just wait on those glorious 6 tabs!! Please keep us posted.

1 Like

@ChristiR93
Forgot to say applied 8/2 and app was complete and in review around 8/27. App was delayed in getting to A&M until 8/14 (like so many), then it took 2 weeks to get the class rank assigned after the SRAR was received.

He did not have to supply anything else for Vis. We have been told that all their admits are done by general admission process - no input from Vis/Arch at all. So, when accepted, if you choose Vis and there is a spot, you get it. At least that is how the Arch tour guide explained it to us in May. IT’s different if you transfer into Vis. Then you need a portfolio

1 Like

I got the Congrats you´ve been admitted in AIS already, I got 6 tabs this morning (I checked yesterday and it wasn´t 6 tabs) when will I get my acceptance letter in the mail?

2 Likes

Are you a review admit?

yes

1 Like

Super interesting! That seems to be out of order from my over analysis of all of this. Big congrats to you!

Congratulations! It can take up to two weeks to receive the letter/banner.

Awesome. I think I was thinking of a transfer student that I helped a couple years back. Thank you!!!

thank you!

thank you!!

Not yet. Still eagerly awaiting the six tabs. OOS NMSF, applied to Engineering in mid-September.

This was an exciting day! Congrats to those who received good news. Any chance there is another wave of 6 tabs on back-to-back days? We had Fri 10/22 circled as a possible big day, but maybe not anymore after today’s wave.

My DS is still with 3 tabs, so we are waiting like several others on this site. Fingers crossed for everyone! To compare, my DS is in-state, Top 13% (172 out of 1296), 1350 SAT, NHS, sports, active in a club or two, worked as a tutor, 70+ volunteer hours). Non-engineering major.

Are people experiencing delays with their AIS showing receipt of the SRAR? My son’s SRAR was linked six days ago, and the web site says to expect it to take 24-72 hours for SRAR to show up as received. As of now, though, SRAR is still showing on AIS as a big fat red “X.”

Whoop! OOS. S22 admitted to general engineering. ACT34. GPA 4.35. NMSF. Applied August 9th.

What do we need to do about scholarships?

2 Likes

Ask a question in AIS, the AO responds and resolves issues fast. And there is a log of question in AIS

1 Like

Congratulations! We are still waiting, 3 tabs. But you give us hope.

2 Likes

Okay so it seems except for 1 person, only engineering went from review to admitted today. Is that fair to say? I saw one Mays 2nd quarter but everything else seems like engineering.

3 Likes