Texas A&M University Class of 2026

So is this review admits in engineering today or just auto admits for now still so confused on how they work this at TAMU! We still have three tabs :frowning: he is in first quartile so that had given me hope but not sure!

We are still waiting for six tabs too…crossing fingers. In State first quartile applied Aug 1 4.79gpa and 30ACT LOR was really good and strong resume with over 450 hours vol services started his own charity. Argggg, none of it makes sense to me. Trying to be patient but I just can’t follow the trends here like none of it makes sense, right?> good luck to y’all hope you get tabs soon! Oh and we are aerospace engineering.

FWIW, it took 3 weeks from 6 tabs to letter/banner for my daughter.

(And if anyone is counting, she too had her AIS update to “General Engineering” today.)

3 Likes

thank ya!

It truly seems like just engineering. Weird that only one person here got review to Mays today. Not saying it’s not true, just saying i think the “wav today was engineering review to admit.

I’m hoping next week will be review non engineers. But everyone please keep in mind, the majority of holistic reviews hear back in January. It’s not uncommon so deep breath, back up plans and enjoy the holidays.

2 Likes

im not sure if you meant me, but i´m in the 1st quarter

Whoop! DS got 6 tabs today and AIS was updated to show General Engineering. Surprised that he got both of those today!
Submitted application 8/17 in review on 8/20
Homeschooled
Top 25%, 31 ACT, 1400 SAT
4.0 UW GPA
In-state

We are all very excited!!

5 Likes

@Ff1042
If you want to live on campus, make sure to pay $75 non-refundable Housing deposit NOW (if you haven’t already)-be sure you complete all the steps, which tells you something like the next step will be phase 2 in a few weeks. If you don’t get that, you haven’t fully completed it. Housing is super crazy and you definitely want to have the best time possible in the spring.

1 Like

Omg yes I did, but meant to say review admit not 2nd quarter. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Got notice that DS was admitted! AIS says general Engineering and 6 tabs in Howdy!
Application completed 10/14. Received notice of both admission and engineering at same time.
Rank first quarter, 83/615 (13-14%)
SAT 1410, 670 ERW 740 Math
3.9 UW GPA
In-state
DS stats were not bad, but think his ECs are what helped him.
EC: High School Engineering Academy Program, ACE Mentorship, NASA HAS Program, Honor Societies (Math, Science, Spanish, NHS)
AP coursework and Volunteering (but these were requirements of his high school engineering program)

I can’t wait to hear the good news from the rest of this group!

2 Likes

Is it very important that I complete the housing application now If A&M isn’t my top choice and it’s non refundable? We aren’t in the exact financial position to spend $75 rn. I’m not too picky as long as it has AC and doesn’t have mold or bugs. Would I still get a decent room if I waited until around December when I have a job?

Thank you Christi! She does have a strong resume! I’m curious, about something- I don’t understand how if majors don’t matter at the moment, they start with the engineering and Mays? I have attended so many of the informational zooms with my daughter and and another wondering is that they say apply as soon as possible, it is rolling admissions- but if it that were correct, how does someone who applies later hear back before? I know there is a method, I just wish I understood it. Any insight is SO appreciated!

@Khare , we were also encouraged to apply early and that admission decisions are evaluated and made on a rolling basis. Wish we knew what the evaluation metrics or formula are because it clearly doesn’t look like there’s a single method. Most Engineering students have heard back from the college which we knew was coming but only one Mays that we know which is not auto admit.

1 Like

Ugh still no 6 tabs! My DS submitted his app 8/14 and by 8/26 it was complete. Review admit- 1st quartile at a competitive school, 1430 SAT, strong GPA, APs, Dual Credit, Eagle Scout. This is a nail biter! ChristiR93 says by 7 AM so I was sure hoping this morning but nothing. Any one see 6 tabs today? I need to get a new hobby :).

4 Likes

No 6 tabs here yet either and my son is a very strong OOS candidate (not Mays or engineering). Interesting that by only or mostly releasing admits for Mays and Engineering means that those students all get first choice in housing. Hadn’t really thought about it until yesterday when we were touring Penn State and were told that it doesn’t matter when you sign up for housing, as long as it’s done by a certain date there is no preference given by date that you register. Everyone has an equal chance, and there is no one having to pay a nonrefundable deposit fee that maybe their family could really use in their own pocket instead. Or as my son put it “we all get an equal chance at ending up in the non-renovated dorms”.

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve got twins who applied 8/1 and 8/2. Very similar stats for one (and slightly lower for the other), both Eagle Scouts, and over 1000 hours of documented volunteer hours. Both also have jobs. One applied for Mays and one for construction science. Still don’t have 6 tabs. Have already been accepted to other schools they have applied to…but waiting on TAMU.

4 Likes

Right there with you! Fingers still crossed. My DS is in-state, Top 13%, multiple APs, Drum Major, non-engineering major.

2 Likes

It is very confusing indeed.

So engineering hears back first because of the early decision aspect.

As for Mays, we have only heard of one student for holistic review so not sure if a true wave of review students went out or not. Not sure what was on their resume that made them get the nod so early when they applied so late and they aren’t like a top 11% with 1550 sat. So yeah that does make others who applied in aug with better perceived stats go hmmm??? But it happens every year.

As for the rest of the waves. Yes applying early matters. Those that are considered on the bubble will be set aside. Those that are shoe ins will get the early acceptance. Then those that are lower ranked (in their system not high school ranking) will be reviewed again probably after the new year. ALL candidates are reviewed twice and scored. Depending on the caliber of students each year determines how they are accepted.

Hope that helps. This is how it has been explained to me by someone in admissions. And it was a few years ago. Always possible it has changed but seems to be the way they still do it.

4 Likes

@ChristiR93 - is there a pattern as to how “the rest of the waves” flow? Is it a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly pattern? Not that knowing will keep some of us checking the system every hour anyway. I so wish TAMU still had academic admissions, at least there was visible goal to obtain, especially for homeschooled kids who can’t qualify for top 10%. The confidence of acceptance is dwindling a little after yesterday. I’m happy for the kids who were accepted, but seeing the stats makes it more confusing to know what exactly the AOs are weighing higher in their selection. For most of us, I believe the date of admission wouldn’t be so important if it weren’t tied to dorm selection.

@Ff1042 good question. Totally understand if you aren’t in the position for the $75 right now. Looks like TAMU is definitely slower at this point then they were last year, so if you waited until December, you should be guaranteed a dorm spot somewhere. The most expensive dorms fill up quickest, so you’re good there. I would definitely pay the deposit by mid December if you’re able and if A&M is still on your list tho. I think by January a big wave of decisions will be going out, and you’ll want to be ahead of those applicants on the dorm selection list.
Just pencil in on your calendar, somewhere in mid December to pay A&M Housing deposit, so you won’t forget.
I have a Mays student, so personally I can’t say enough great things about the Mays program.
Best of luck to you!!

1 Like