Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Congratulations!
Strongly encourage you join the Aggiebound group if you finalize your decision to go to TAMU.
If you are on a budget, off campus can save a lot, you do need to look at TAMU shuttle route to see if your off campus apartment/condo is along the route. Shuttle is free and schedule is friendly. Apartments/condos farther from bus route (10 minutes walk) are cheaper. Many seniors mentioned in NSC that the main reason living off campus is having your own bathroom. Join NSC in person and not virtual. TAMU campus is huge it is hard to “virtualize” a tour.

1 Like

@Kimvogel , I hear you. I have one child and both me and my husband did not attend HS in this country so we really didn’t know much about class ranking, the GPA game etc. We moved our son to a very competitive HS so he can benefit academically and he’s top 20% but looking back I think maybe we did a disservice to him by not leaving him at a HS we were zoned to because he would be top 5 of his class without any doubt.

1 Like

Ugh … what @ChristiR93 just described does not sound like rolling admissions. Am I going crazy, or did they not say everyone should apply early b/c TAMU has rolling admissions? My DS applied 8/06 and all green check marks on 8/17. But if you are not engineering, not Mays, not top 10%, and not necessarily a shoe-in holistically, is there any benefit to applying early???

what do you mean by shoe in?

What is the Aggiebound group?

TAMU has aggiebound web site dedicated for incoming, along with different social media outlet of the same group.

1 Like

I would not say TAMU has rolling admissions. They do for top 10% because once the first group is notified, any top 10% who applies after, will get their notification quickly.

@Kimvogel
For the holistic reviews, it’s definitely what i call waves. Last year the first round that came out for reviews was end of September. And it appeared to be those students who would have qualified under the old academic admit guidelines.

The next round was Oct. 21 and appeared to be those that supplied test scores and targeted majors like Mays/Bims/Eng and a few others were mentioned.

The last one in Oct was the 28th and we saw a mix of test optional and a lot of majors.
There was one wave in Nov. and one in early and mid Dec.

The rest came out in Jan/Feb. But no, random admittances will happen, it will be grouped.

1 Like

I applied as a Computer Science major before the Engineering early action deadline. 1500 SAT, 4.0 GPA, multiple APs, strong ECs and lots of volunteer hours. Still no 6 tabs yet…

Great stats!
If you are top 10% rank make sure it is ranked that way in AIS, if not just send question in AIS they will correct within 2 business days. Note that it will give you 6 tabs and engineering review. For full admit to general engineering it may be until January for the highly competitive CS.
If you are review admit, note that from TAMU accountability portal, Computer Science and Engineering’'s historical acceptance rate has been around 9-10% since 2016. (So it is Ivy-league competitive) You will need back up plan if CS is your goal even though you have higher that average chance of getting in.

@UTmomOfAggies

Can someone please provide the link where this information was obtained? I haven’t had luck finding ETAM statistics this detailed.

Thank you! AIS says that I am ranked top 10% and I have had the green check marks for a while now, but still 3 tabs. Hopefully I will hear back soon :slight_smile:

If you are top 10% you need to send a question via AIS why you are still not accepted as you are auto-admit. Your status should be engineering review.
AIS “ask a question” is very friendly and your question will be logged and answers recorded with status.
Do not delay that as TAMU likely already started engineering review for all admitted engineering students.

Did you have your official transcript sent and does it show received?

My counselor has not sent in the official transcript yet, but she should have it uploaded fairly soon. Since it was not required until after admittance, I wasn’t in a rush. I will send a question via AIS right now.

That is the delay. It is required for top 10%. If they don’t have it they will do wholistic review instead of auto admit.

1 Like

Make sure it is official transcript sent via TREx or mail.
Also fyi we tried using the AIS question portal. It didn’t log the question and we never received an answer. We had to email instead.

Will I still qualify for auto admit even though it is delayed?

Yes

@Malia77 , to put it another way, as a top 10% student, you’ll need to submit two official transcripts during the entire process – once at the beginning to prove that you’re top 10%, then at the end of the year (like everyone else) to basically show that you didn’t fail.

1 Like

Here is the email my daughter had received from admissions recruitment awhile back about it:
“Just a friendly but urgent reminder: To take advantage of automatic admission, you need to provide a high school transcript verifying your top ten ranking as soon as possible.
Request that your high school counselor send it via TREx”.