Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@KeetsMom - I relate. My fingers are calloused from checking AIS, Howdy, CC, REDDIT, FB, etc. so many times a day. :joy: Even knowing it won’t change. I need to join a Prospective Parent Support Group! I’ve even been lurking around on the UT admissions page on CC, which has so few post compared to TAMU. This is further evidence to me that other prospective Aggie parents are just as obsessed as we are. We’re not alone! I’m not much of a drinker, but may be before we get to the end of this process. Hopefully it will be champagne…not hard liquor! :crazy_face::tumbler_glass::cocktail::tropical_drink::maté::beer::crazy_face:

6 Likes

Lol I hear this every cycle. You know you aren’t alone so that’s good. One of the “services” I offer is … “ while you wait”

It’s such a long process for so many. Hang in there.

3 Likes

I’m good with waiting as long as it takes as long as my daughter is ACCEPTED! If we wait and then she isn’t accepted rather just strung along I’ll be so disappointed.

2 Likes

Preach! It would be better if they didn’t wait til the end of for denials and PSA offers. But sadly those are the last to come out typically. Except for those on waitlist who can end up waiting til March and April.

1 Like

What is a PSA offer?

Here’s the link. It’s what most people call a soft denial… but if you meet the requirements, then you’re automatically accepted after freshman year.

https://admissions.tamu.edu/psa

My daughter did the PSA last last school year in Corpus Christi and now is loving it in CSTAT this year.

2 Likes

Are updates to the application (like being elected a club officer or sports captain) done through the Contact Us area in AIS? Thx.

My son (OOS, top quarter, 33 ACT) got his acceptance email this morning. We are surprised and excited. Also, it says the major is “general engineering”, so I guess he got into engineering? We expected a lag between the university and school acceptances.

12 Likes

When did he apply?

Second week of august I think.

1 Like

My son is waiting for his new SAT school day score to come out. It will be sent to TAMU. Do we need to let their admissions office know? Should we self report as soon as we find out the score? Will the new SAT score automatically get his application looked at again? Trying to get excepted before his major fills up😬

1 Like

Thats great! He should set up his college board account to automatically send scores to Tamu. No, you don’t need to let admissions know it is coming, but don’t be surprised if college board says it was sent but it takes a few weeks to see it on AIS, at least that happened last year with my son and others. Best wishes!

Congrats!!! This gives me hope - my son is OOS, top quarter, 33 ACT and wanting engineering also. He didn’t have his app in until the first week of September though so fingers crossed!!!

2 Likes

AIS remains In Review, but finally Howdy shows some change - 6 tabs! The OOS application was not submitted until the second week of Sept, not engineering/business, did not upload LOR/resume. I hope you all see the 6 tabs soon.

4 Likes

That’s amazing. Congrats. Can you share your stats please? Thank you.

2 Likes

Big week for admits. Wishing every student and parent the very best.
Students have worked 4x of what I did when I was at this stage in life.
DS received engineering admit this morning. Stats:
Applied: 9/28
ACT: 35
SAT: 1510
UW GPA: 4.0
Weighted GPA: 5.52
13 APs
NMSF
Employed hourly

2 Likes

Is your DS in state or OOS? My DS applied on 9/17 after NMSF announcement. Almost same stats as yours. Still waiting

In-state
Auto Admit
Several ECs

2 Likes

Congrats! Interesting he got an email. My daughter did not get an email with TAMU or engineering acceptances.

1 Like