Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I am so sorry for not being better informed, but what is a “review admit”?

Not top 10% in class

2 Likes

Only thing that didn’t happen, is the housing portal didn’t open up.

Good luck to everyone.

Son:
Out of State - Illinois - Review Admit
Class rank <6% 35/623
GPA Weighted 4.075, [GPA Scale: (4.33 for A, A+ in Honors and AP), (4 for A, A+ in Regular)]
SAT 1450 (750 Math, 700 Verbal)(Gave up on ACT at 30)(Note… he couldn’t finish the ACT in allotted time; he could finish the SAT in allotted time; all his prep was ACT)
(AP Calculus AB/Honors Math, AP Chem I/AP Physics/Honors Science, Honors Spanish, AP Psychology)
Zero to Minimal volunteer hours
No job
ECs: Piano (not in band), Math Team
Majors applied for 1) Mechanical Engineering 2) Computing
Visited TAMU in June (Engineering and Mayes)
No Letters of Recommendations

Timeline:
Submitted Application 3 Oct via Coalition App
AIS/UIN received 5 Oct… worked later in the day
SRAR Linked 5 Oct, Green Check 7 Oct
Class Rank Green Check (7 Oct) (Top 10%)
4 Green Checks 7 Oct App Complete
Ordered and linked SAT Score thru Coalition App 3 Oct
College Board Electronically Sent SAT 6 Oct
SAT Score Green Check 8 Oct (was there in the morning)
6 Tabs on Howdy 29 Oct (was there in the morning)
General Engineering AIS 29 Oct (was there in the morning)
Housing portal working not yet

Applications:
-Nebraska (Accepted 21 Sep/Applied directly to school 19 Sep) Mechanical Eng
-Texas A&M (Accepted 29 Oct/Applied via Coalition App 5 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng; 2nd Computing
-Indiana University (Applied directly to school 12 Oct… completed 20 Oct) 1st Data Science
-University of Michigan (Applied via Common App 19 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng [REACH]
-University of Minnesota (Applied via Common App 26 Oct… completed 27 Oct) 1st College choice: a) Mechanical Eng b) Undecided Eng; 2nd College choice: Computer Science
-University of Wisconsin (Applied via Common App 26 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng; 2nd Data Science
-University of Illinois (Applied directly to school 27 Oct) 1st Mechanical Eng; 2nd Electrical Eng

5 Likes

Did the tabs just appear this morning?

I’m sure I checked twice yesterday… so they were there when I first checked around 6:00am (CST)

Congrats. Lots of engineering review candidates hearing back.

And yes, tabs only show up once… in the early morning. Your official acceptance should follow up today or Monday on AiS/howdy.

I just checked my son’s Howdy account. It has 7 tabs, but still under review. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

3 Likes

Any other review candidates hearing that are not engineering?

Whoop! Congrats!
Engineering?

Seven tabs this morning!

6 Likes

Yes. Computer science is his first choice. He wants to join his brother (CHEN ‘23) to be an Aggie.

1 Like

Seven tabs this morning! Status still says Under Review, but major changed to General Engineering overnight. Whoop!
OOS NMSF, applied mid September

5 Likes

Anyone hearing about status of review applicants for Mays? Applied 8/1 but took a couple weeks for confirmation due to ApplyTexas technical issues. Submitted everything +resume, no LOR but app is complete and is in review since last week of August.

Stats: Applied under Mays then Econ as 2nd choice. 3.94 unweighted GPA/4.8 weighted. Not ranked at high school (since high school does not rank outside of top 10%) but A&M portal has in 1st quarter. 28 on ACT. 300+ volunteer hours, 4 yr varsity golf, works 20/30 hours per week managing a store among other stuff.

A&M is her top choice and the radio silence is so hard…just waiting while crickets chirping.

6 Likes

So quiet on the Mays front but hoping no news is still good news! Good luck. DS app complete 9/17.

Thank you. APs, top 10%, GPA 4.0, APs, ECs, high test scores.
Today - AIS shows Congrats, Howdy’s Manage Applications tab is still under review, but Housing portal is open.

3 Likes

Interesting quite a number of OOS accepted towards the end of October this year.

Seems to be engineering tho right?

2 Likes

Hi! My son also attends a small private Christian school that doesn’t rank past top 10%. Could you please share where you found the class tank assigned by A&M from the SRAR? TIA!

It’ll show on AIS on the checklist. I believe that’s where it is. That’s where it used to be lol

1 Like

Yes