Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I have 7 tabs too. Home, applicant, my dashboard, my records, my finances, student life, and my howdy. Does this mean I’m accepted?

2 Likes

I’m an auto admit.

If you check your AIS it says or should say soon that you are admitted if you have 7 tabs.

Are you able to apply for Housing yet? Keep refreshing until you are-sure sign you’ve been accepted. If you want to live on campus, pay the non-refundable $75 Housing deposit immediately, like today. Dorm selection in the spring is based on time stamp Housing deposit is made. Make sure you complete all steps, with the last one being something like “next step is phase 2 in several weeks”-something like that.
What’s the major?

Hello - yes as others have said it’s on AIS as class rank. This took us about 2 weeks to be filled by A&M in late Aug/early Sept. once filled it was green checked.

Computer Engineering. But I’m an auto admit so I’m not sure about whether I’ve actually been accepted to Engineering or not.

Check out your manage application page on howdy. It’ll say gen eng if you’ve been admitted to engineering on main campus.

How do I apply for housing?

It appears I can not apply for housing yet. My status is still under engineering review.

I’m still under review on that.

1 Like

You are not eligible to apply for Housing until you have acceptance. All Eng students enter as General Engineering. There is a button somewhere (maybe at the bottom of the page) that will allow you to click & apply for Housing 2022-2023.
The 6 tabs will be on Howdy, not AIS.

FWIW - When my son received his acceptance, he couldn’t find the button to click to apply for housing. I don’t know if he just didn’t look in the right place or if there was a glitch. So he ended up going to the ResLife page and applying for housing through the myHousing portal (reslife.tamu.edu; Applications, Rates & Polices; myHousing portal).

2 Likes

Engineering applicants may apply for housing once accepted to the university (6 tabs) even if they are still under engineering review. Not required to wait for general engineering acceptance.

Are you sure? I only ask because they could still get Galveston, McAllen or blinn academy.

Just want to be clear because I have no insight this.

2 Likes

If you were not accepted to College Station campus I assume (not fact checked) you would lose the $75 application fee. But you are definitely capable of applying for housing as an accepted student awaiting engineering. If you are auto admit, history supports good chance of College Station campus.
And I believe Blinn Academy students allowed to reside in dorms also.

1 Like

Recap of my daughter’s timeline:

• From 6 tabs (9/17) to getting official acceptance to the University in AIS and applying for housing (9/23) = 6 days
    (During those six days, the housing application kept giving an error message until one day it let her in. Housing opened in the morning, and AIS updated that afternoon.)

• From University acceptance (9/23) to College of Engineering acceptance for “General Engineering” (10/21) = 4 weeks

My daughter was in the first wave, so it’s possible future waves have a more condensed timeline (as others have attested).

2 Likes

Update: day 1 - Howdy, 6 tabs; day 2 - AIS, Congrats and Howdy, housing portal opens; today day 3 - Howdy’s Manage Applications shows WHOOP…

4 Likes

Update: Received 7 tabs (6 tabs?) 10/30/2021 and got auto admitted into Texas A&M

Got my acceptance letter to the University today.

3 Likes

OOS son got accepted to Gen’l Engineering today! Whoop!

6 Likes

Congrats! Can you post his stats and when he applied? We are OOS also.