Texas A&M University Class of 2026

In case you don’t follow the feed on Reddit, this was just released and gives some GREAT INFO!

https://www.reddit.com/r/TAMUAdmissions/comments/ql7db1/november_updates_deadlines_decisions_deferrals/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

November Updates (Deadlines, Decisions, Deferrals, and What to do once you’re admitted)

Howdy applicants, and admits!

I hope everyone is having a great semester so far.

We are rapidly approaching the end of the admissions cycle - we are officially less than 1 month to the general freshman application deadline.

November is the biggest month of the year for Texas A&M admissions. This month will see a majority of decisions being released, and it is also the last opportunity to apply for consideration for Fall 2022 freshman admission. For the majority of majors, it is not**^(1)** too late to apply - there are plenty of spots for quality applicants. If you’d like to apply, get that application in ASAP.

Deadlines

• General Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021.
  • Documents Deadline: December 15th, 2021.

Generally, we see worse outcomes for applications filed after mid-November. Even high quality applicants see decreased rates of admission. If you’re still wanting to apply, you should do so as soon as possible (in my opinion, get it in by Friday, November 5th).

Decisions

We’re going to be seeing a lot of decisions come out this month. While decisions will continue to trickle out of the admissions office until late March, November and February tend to be the biggest months. We typically see very few decisions during the Winter break, so if you don’t hear anything back by mid-December, I wouldn’t expect a decision until they start back up in mid-January.

Engineering Early Action Deferrals

I’m aware there are many individuals on this sub who applied to engineering under the early action deadline. Be aware that even applicants who met the early action deadline can be deferred to a January / February decision timeline if the College of Engineering recommends it, or can’t come to a decision before mid-December. We expect the vast majority of applicants who met the deadline to get their decision back early, but I don’t want you all to be surprised if you’re deferred to a Spring decision. It’s normal.

Already admitted?

First of all, congratulations! (and if I’ve already congratulated you in an acceptance post, then congratulations again!)

If you’ve been admitted, we would all really appreciate if you could post your stats in an acceptance post (if you’re shy, feel free to use a burner account, we don’t mind).

There are loads of things you can be doing now to prepare for next year.

1. Schedule your NSC (I recommend doing this in the earlier part of the Summer, if possible)
  2. Submit your bacterial meningitis proof of vaccination
  3. Complete Tuition Rate Code Selection (always pick fixed rate - tuition rates only go up)
  4. Apply for Housing (I recommend freshmen live on campus, but there are cheaper alternatives off-campus - most apartments here lease extremely early, so you can actually go ahead and lease now, if you want. If you’re going to live off-campus, I recommend having some places to tour and coming down in February for Aggieland Saturday, or in April for Family Weekend).
  5. Fill out your FAFSA (even if you think you’re going to be ineligible for aid, fill it out)
  6. Start thinking about any Summer programs you might want to do (Fish Camp, Impact)
  7. Corps Applications
  8. Honors College and College-Level Honors program applications
  9. Start looking at the degree requirements for your intended major - what classes do you need to register for at your NSC? What is your first year going to look like?

We’re all very excited for you, and we’re here to make your transition to Texas A&M as smooth as possible. Feel free to post any questions you have.

Lastly, be proud of this accomplishment - there will be a lot of rejections this year as the school continues to become more competitive. Your acceptance is a pretty big deal, so again, congratulations.

We’re almost to the end of the semester here, and then many of you will have just one semester left before you start college. Enjoy this time, and have some fun in this last semester of high school. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions - we’re here to help.

Thanks and gig 'em!

- /r/TAMUAdmissions Team

Notes

1. It is possible that engineering and business are nearly at capacity, but we haven’t really heard anything too concrete this year, yet.
3 Likes

That’s word…unwanted or second choice. Thankfully my son isn’t expressing that feeling…but I sure am. I think it might be best if I just stop looking daily, lol.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for this. Are the Notes from you or from this actual Reddit post?

DS heard back yesterday.
Review Admit - Engineering
SAT: 1500
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Leadership positions at school and at church
Letters of Rec
No employment
Applied 9/22, 6 tabs on 10/29, Housing portal opened the morning of 11/1 and AIS admit followed in the afternoon.

1 Like

I find it interesting that tamu_admissions is asking those accepted to post their stats… They always say that the entire application is considered so seeing someones stats doesn’t necessarily tell the whole story - or maybe it does now??

2 Likes

This is a direct copy from the Reddit post and I also included the link in case others want to view the original post and follow the feed in the future. :blush: The post certainly gave me hope that lots of applicants will hear from TAMU Admissions during the month of November!

2 Likes

@KleinCajun , thank you for posting this. I would have never think about checking out reddit for something like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too, except for the notes part. I did follow them as this was very informative. Thank you for posting.

1 Like

FWIW, on the TexAgs Forum under Academics, there’s a TAMUAdmissions user who also answers admissions questions.

@FriscoDad - seems like having an auto admit standard would eliminate some of the admission labor issues so they wouldn’t have to review details in every student application outside the top 10. Would be great for homeschool/private school kids to have a line in the sand for automatic admission. Tech and other universities have been turning around admissions pretty fast. Personally, we were possibly too confident when only applying to TAMU. The past couple weeks have been a gut check. We’ll probably be hitting the submit button to Tech later this week. :tired_face:

mine as well :frowning:

I too found this statement odd. Why would TAMU Admissions want / care / need to see your stats. Wouldn’t they already have access to that info? It is those on the outside who are in the dark about what stats, ECs, etc. are being admitted in early rounds. I also noticed one pronoun shift from “we” to “they” back to “we” when referring to TAMU Admissions. So, is this really a rep from TAMU Admissions? How do we know if it is legit?

3 Likes

/TAMU is the official reddit account. /TAMUadmissions is not run by TAMU, it is an informal discussion forum just like this one.

Right, but the post said he/she is form the TAMU Admissions Team. Is that true? Or could it just be some dude on Reddit saying he is from TAMU Admissions Team. I would love it to be true that the majority of decisions will be coming out this month, but don’t want to get my hopes up, you know.

@Kimvogel I think Tech is a hidden gem, especially for Business and Engineering. That said, you can’t really compare Tech admissions to TAMU; TAMU is bigger (LOTS more applicants) and more competitive. UT and A&M are pretty clear about their admission timelines, if student isn’t auto admit.
I don’t think people realize just how competitive TAMU is, it gets tougher every year; especially now with just auto admit.
Fingers crossed for your student! :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

The “team” is the 4 moderators, they indicate clearly they are 4 students still enrolling at TAMU.

gotamu

I saw that and was wondering if the OP works in the Admissions department and is being advised what to post on Reddit. I was also speculating about the validity of the post and who posted it, but when I clicked on the name of the OP, many other admissions posts were made in the past. I guess we shall see if what’s being said will really come to pass. I personally can’t guarantee it’s legitimacy, but hope it is posted in honesty.

1 Like

Very true! Definitely need some safeties.

Tech has some very good degree, like UMSI that allow top 10% student finish premed degree and head straight to their medical school without requiring MCAT. They did draw some top students from UT and TAMU last few years.

1 Like

Just happened to check Howdy portal, no 6 tabs, but went under “manage applications” and the whoop - you’ve been admitted is there. So maybe they’re not doing the 6 tabs anymore?

3 Likes

Congrats and hope that is real this time! Wish I was home to check my DS22! Anything different under AIS?