Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Whoop! OOS DS changed to admitted this morning.

2 Likes

My son- Aerospace Engineering with 30ACT and great LOR and Course schedule and excellent resume…… Still has not heard anything yet. A ton of his classmates, tiny private school, all got accepted yesterday (Mays) it was such a bummer for him. Waiting is so hard. Seems like a ton of engineering students getting accepted. How do you know when engineering is full of auto admits?

What happened yesterday?

My OOS daughter (so review applicant) was admitted to engineering last Friday. She does have very high stats and NM semifinalist.

2 Likes

Yes

I was hoping to understand what TexasTiger2mom was saying.

Under “manage applications” the Whoop - you’ve been admitted showed up (snip-it image above).
But no 6 tabs, and no change in AIS.
6 tabs showed up this morning, but no change in AIS

1 Like

Oh! Interesting! Thanks!

My son received the 7 tabs this morning.

Applied: 9/10
Major: International Studies
In State
SAT: 1520
ACT: 34
National Merit Commended

So thankful for some movement today!

3 Likes

One of my son’s got 7 tabs today! OOS, general engineering, top quarter, 1420 SAT, 4.83 W GPA, 3.73 UW GPA, 10 AP’s, many ECs. Application submitted mid-September. His twin brother with similar stats, but with a 1500 SAT hasn’t heard yet. He submitted his application around 9/1.

2 Likes

Is the twin going for engineering as well?

Also congrats on twin!!

Wow, so many high scoring students, still mainly engineering but a few non, hearing today. That’s so exciting.

Seriously, the SAT/ACT scores are crazy good. Hoping they’ll start getting to the true holistic review students now!!!

1 Like

7 tabs for my daughter this morning! Stats:

3.9 weighted GPA (top 25%)
1380 SAT, 33 ACT
BIMS

5 Likes

Finally got 7 tabs this morning for my son.

Stats:
Liberal Arts - Political Science
3.9 unweighted GPA, top 25%
1430 SAT, 33 ACT
Really solid ECs, law firm internship, debate awards, etc.

Still no WHOOP or “admitted” but the 7 tabs is new, so we have hope again. He applied to 5 other schools over the past week, trying to get a backup plan in place.

3 Likes

Any updates on MAYS? Is it all done? Have heard of so few instances of review admits for MAYS on this thread.
We are quickly losing hope and scrambling to get backups.

Thank you! Yes, he applied to engineering as well. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Haven’t heard much on the Mays front. We won’t know when it’s full until someone gets accepted to their 2nd choice major (with Mays being their first choice). Sadly though, this group of parents/students are on a much smaller scale than prior years, so I don’t feel we are getting a solid representation on here.

Mays or admissions will sometimes let us (the public) know when they are full though. I’m having dinner with someone in Mays tonight, so I’ll see if I can maybe get a glimpse into their status (assuming she knows anything).

7 Likes

We are also waiting to hear from Mays, but already have several other solid acceptances as backups. It would be interesting to know how many Review spots are left.

Parents, here are a few other interesting websites you may want to investigate as you research college outcomes and post-graduation salaries by program/field of study. These are the TAMU links but you can also search for other schools.

3 Likes

Agree, I was wondering why the group felt smaller this year.