Texas A&M University Class of 2026

That is normal. Congratulations!

1 Like

I’m saying the majority of applicants are probably in the top quarter. If you have 55K plus applicants and only 20k roughly are offered a spot (to yield about a 10k freshman class) then the majority of those will be top quarter, BUT more than 20k are in the top quarter… I would say way more than 50% are top quarter.

We have seen so many top qtr get PSA, and we’ve seen someone in the 3rd quarter get full admit.

Not sure that clarifies it, lol. Best bet is to go to the Class of 2025 and see the stats of those that were admitted. It’s mind blowing and then also very straight forward.

4 Likes

My son was an applicant last year, Class of 2025. He was in the 15% of his class, lots of rigor with AP and Dual Credit, 4 years marching band, 2 years as Section Leader, other community involvement and good rec letters…He applied Test Optional with Mays 1st choice and Econ his second choice of major and got offered PSA the last week of February.

Can I ask when he applied and submitted everything to be app complete? I ask because I had a family friend who’s son was offered PSA in a similar situation but felt things would’ve been different if he had applied earlier in the process.

How’s he doing? Did he go the psa route?

HELP! My twins both applied to main campus and Galveston campus. Early last week both received 7 tabs. AIS still said apps were in review but both had the option to sign up for NSC for Galveston and could see registration and had requests to choose rate code (they did neither). The 7 tabs were there for both twins as of last night. This morning they logged on to see if their status had changed to admitted (at least for Galveston). The system wouldn’t let either of them log on to check status without downloading the Duo Two Factor ID app. Once they completed the download and authentication, they logged back in and now they only have three tabs and no ability to schedule NSC or pick tuition rate. I find it very odd that both had this happen. Has anyone else experienced this issue? For reference, they both applied early August to both campuses, but have different majors and stats. Thanks!

His application was submitted and completed the first week of October.

Nope, he’s at Texas Tech Rawls College of Business and is doing GREAT!!! Can’t wait until he comes home at Thanksgiving, I haven’t seen him since Labor Day long weekend :heart:

6 Likes

Soooo happy for him. I Love Texas Tech!

that’s a long time to go without seeing him. There will be tears I’m sure when he gets home. Lol

Enjoy the break.

2 Likes

Call admissions at Galveston. Never heard of this.

Did everyone have to download the DuoMobile app to log in with dual authentication to view the status of their app on AIS or is this new?

This actually happened to my son (and many others) April 2020. He was on the waitlist and received 6 tabs one day. He was able to register for housing but never got the Whoop You’re Admitted. 2 days later, the tabs went away. We freaked out and reached out to admissions with a vague answer about the 6 tabs. One week later, the tabs came back for him. But several others in same situation were offered PSA. Not to freak you out but I have no faith in the tabs after that experience. Still waiting to hear for my class of 2026 son.

2 Likes

Hi,

This is our first kid going to college and I went to UT… can you please explain what PSA is?
Thanks!

@Lavalocks19 PSA is a pathway to TAMU, if your student doesn’t get full acceptance. PSA has to be offered, student can ask/sign up for it. PSA offers come later, in early-mid spring. (It is similar to UT CAP).

https://admissions.tamu.edu/apply/freshman/alternative-admission-pathways

Normally financial aid portal will trigger 2 factor logon.

In Howdy, Under “Applicant” Tab, click “Managed Applications”, you should see the updated status and the location of application.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! I’m guessing this is the Blinn Team I’ve heard about? I don’t know how my son would feel about going this route, but I have heard friends and neighbors mention it for sure. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it!

1 Like

Blinn Team is more similar to PACE in UT, while PSA is similar to CAP in UT.

3 Likes

@Lavalocks19 PSA is not BlinnTEAM, two separate pathways. You can’t request either, they must be offered by TAMU.
You can Google all pathways, acronyms for complete details.

2 Likes

It made my son get the Duo login a couple of weeks ago. Still no decision though :confused:

We also got the 7 tabs Saturday, and AIS added the official acceptance today.

3 Likes