Texas A&M University Class of 2026

I assume you are auto admit. Many apply first thing when Apply Texas open in August. So applying now is quite borderline late but should still be ok for auto-admit students. Scores should be picked up pretty fast if not seeing it in 7 days you can ask AO directly in AIS portal.

yes, auto-admit. thanks for the info, she recently expanded her thinking after her previously planned choice cut their OOS scholar awards, so we’re playing catch up.

of course we won’t have access to the AIS portal until after Apply Texas transmits our application, correct? Or am I not understanding something.

1 Like

Apply Texas takes 2-5 days, you will receive email from TAMU for Howdy and AIS portal access.

1 Like

Does anyone know when decisions come out for non auto admits (OSS) for the college of architecture (construction management)?

There’s no time line that specific. You’re in with the rest of oos reviews. Some oos engineering have heard. Not sure if other major oos have heard yet.

Last year it was December ish when oos started to hear back but could be January/February.

How helpful am I? Lolol

1 Like

My son received his acceptance last week and he is an OOS Geoscience major.

2 Likes

Appreciate the info. The waiting is just so hard. Wondering if anyone on this board has heard from college of architecture?

The college board national scholar recognition academic scholarship is guaranteed and automatic and given shortly after admittance. It is for students who have received that specific award from the college board already. The general A&M academic scholarships are in February. They are stackable with the national scholar scholarships.

1 Like

My daughter was admitted to visualization major in college of architecture.

3 Likes

Top 10% tho, correct? I think the poster is review admit.

Awesome thank you for the OOS non engineering info!!!

Your son had a 35 ACT, so I view him as an automatic lol.

@Hptasznik , my daughter’s friend was recently admitted to the College of Architecture. In-state review admit. Not sure of the major or stats.

1 Like

Hi Hptasznik! My son applied for Construction Science as well. I have been watching this message board like a hawk since August 1, and you are just the third person to even mention Construction Science so far. None have indicated being admitted to the College Station campus among this group (granted, a super small sample size, so not very telling). They say the majority of review applicants will hear back in January.

2 Likes

@joelatte , during the first week of August, when the application opened, many here reported that they got a notice about a 2-week delay in processing. If I recall correctly, some of those people got their UIN about one week later. So hopefully, it’ll arrive sooner than later.

I suspect this “2-week delay” message is due to the high number of applications pouring in, first when it opened and now nearing the deadline.

As an interesting note, during an Admissions presentation a few years ago, it was stated that during the last 4 days before the application deadline, they received 11,000 applications. Since we’re a little more than 2 weeks away from December, I’m sure the daily submissions are increasing as we get closer.

Can I ask please if she was auto or review admit? Impatiently waiting her for a review admit same major. Thanks and congratulations!

Sorry yes.

Auto admit

Thank you for this context, helpful. Although it is kind of funny to think they are having site technical issues 20 full days before the deadline, especially after having had issues at the start of the cycle. I’d be nervous from a job security standpoint if I were the person responsible for website working correctly. Good luck to students who press the ‘submit’ button on the actual deadline.

The tech issues weren’t with TAMU, but with ApplyTexas, since their portal changed this summer right before applications opened and it seemed they weren’t quite ready for the surge on Aug. 1st. :crazy_face: It was a hot mess to say the least. The time stamp for application completion was way off by about 6 hours, also. But it happened to everyone they said….

I’d be surprised if TAMU does not join Common App for next year, same with UT Austin. The clunky application site they are both exclusively locked into, and the essay topic #1 that does not exactly match common app, surely suppresses ‘review admit’ applicant numbers, which in turn hurts overall university selectively statistics, which in turn hurts national rankings, etc… So there is a real cost to narrowly sticking with this home-grown Texas application platform that goes beyond all the productivity loss for applicants and admissions office alike.

Of course those of us who are auto-admit for either or both schools are stuck rolling with the added hassle factor in the meantime.

Anyway, I’ll stop whining and wait for my daughter to get an acknowledgement from TAMU with next steps. Be that tomorrow or two weeks from now. Thanks everyone for catching us up to speed on what sounds like a bit of a roller coaster for many this year.

2 Likes