Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Thank you for your advice and encouragement!

2 Likes

I’d be shocked to see the majority come out in November. Even with academic admit times, review students had a little wave the week of thanksgiving and then again in December. Then not til January where the bulk of reviews came out.

With that being said… I hope that they are right and all of you hear before Turkey day!!!

4 Likes

Yes, but wait list can only help so much. It worked in the past when the deadline is NSC registration May 1st. Many students can’t wait until June to decide which college to go. This pandemic year caught them off guard you just have fewer student showed up in August which was too late even to convert Blinn students to full time CS.

Yes, he can apply for engineering honors if he is not auto admit and/or Blinn team. My freshman son was not auto admit and he is in engineering honors now. My older son has had Blinn Team kids in his engineering honors classes in the past, so unless something has changed they can apply as well. It is a separate application with its own essay.

2 Likes

I’m confused how someone would be in engineering honors but not make it into tamu full admit. That doesn’t fit.

Not saying what you’re saying or heard isn’t right but I’d be mad if I was full admit tamu and applied for honors and didn’t get it, but someone on blinn teab got honors. There’s no reason behind that. I’d be mad too if I got honors but didn’t make it into full Tamu.

3 Likes

@ChristiR93 here are some details. I wondered, also, how someone on TEAM could be in HNR?
Looks like TEAB can (apply), TEAM can’t.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/eh/faq.html

1 Like

High stat, lots of DC/AP students apply late can get Blinn. And quite a number of them maintain 4.0 in both TAMU and Blinn. Getting honor is possible.

Non auto admit daughter was admitted to Mays on October 29th. Just joined this group so that is why I am just now posting.

4 Likes

Congrats!!! Can you provide her stats?

@Jen9 congrats!! Welcome to Mays!
Be sure to join Aggie Moms/Dads of Mays FB page (don’t forget to answer the questions). It’s a wealth of information!

Thank you!

SAT: 1480
GPA: 4.34
Great ECs
Rank 63/525

2 Likes

He was accepted to every other business school he applied to (UTD, OSU, UNT, TTU) and he’s now a happy Freshman at the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech. He got great merit aid from them too. My son would have liked to be an Aggie as well but PSA wouldn’t have benefitted him any way as a Finance major.

3 Likes

Howdy! I found this website a few days ago and finally built up the courage to post. I’m not an Aggie, but my hubby is. DS22 is not an auto-admit and applied to the College of Engineering in September (later than I hoped he would). The waiting is killing me, but I’m trying to stay calm. Our high school has a good track record of admits, but I still worry. He’s already been admitted to Colorado School of Mines, but it’s just too expensive for us. He’s also been accepted to Missouri S&T, so between the two, we feel his A&M chances might be good. We do like the option of Engineering at Blinn. If nothing else, we aren’t giving up on the Academy idea here at Austin Community College.

4 Likes

I heard Tech is awesome! Right now my son’s backup is OU~ they are being very generous! But he really wants A&M, so we will wait and see. I’m glad to hear your son is thriving at Rawls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@rowell2024 what are his stats? SAT/ACT, rank, gpa, heavy load of AP or DC, etc. In state, I assume?
School of Mines is impressive!

@rowell2024, from the Admissions web page (Freshman | Admissions - Admissions):

Applicants who apply to the College of Engineering and have a complete admission file by the Early Action Deadline of October 15 will receive a communication regarding their admission decision by mid-December. The communication will notify the student of admission or deferral to the January-February decision timeline

So you can expect to wait up to another month.

2 Likes

He took the SAT once (in April) and got a 1360, equally 680 on each section. His high school (LASA) doesn’t rank, but A&M estimates him in second quarter. APs: Eng. 3 and 4, WHAP, APUSH, Govt, Macro, Comp Sci, Physics 1 & 2 and Calc BC. Weighted GPA is a 3.71 (last year all at home was a dumpster fire). Captain on his swim/dive team two years and on the team all four. Eagle Scout with leadership positions and in NHS with no leadership. Yes, we are in state. I think he had strong essays, but I’m his mom. :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, and I hope my liver holds out.

3 Likes

LASA is top notch HS nationally. Your son’s score and GPA should be 1st quarter if HS is unranked. You may want to send a question via AIS to have them recheck. They usually respond within 1-2 business days.

1 Like

Eagle Scout is super impressive. The wait is so hard……so you are not alone!!! We are in state and still waiting on my son’s decision to engineering school as well! Hang in there mama.

3 Likes