Texas A&M University Class of 2026

This is what TAMU engineering honors has on its requirements for admission page:
Eligibility for Engineering Honors
Criteria

• Admission is competitive. Review of applications is holistic, with the goal of identifying students who will benefit the most from and bring the most to the program. Approximately 10% of each class will be admitted to the program.

Incoming Freshmen

• Incoming freshmen who have applied to Texas A&M University with a preference for engineering.
  • Incoming freshmen who are accepted to the College of Engineering at the College Station campus, including students in the Texas A&M Engineering-Blinn program.
  • Incoming freshmen who are accepted to the Bachelor of Arts in Computing program offered by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
1 Like

Thank you! I knew y’all would understand and be supportive. It’s a little intimidating reading so many better scores, rankings and grades. Sending you good vibes, too!

1 Like

Thank you! That’s a great idea.

So I went back to my son’s ApplyTexas application (hoping he could complete the scholarship information- doesn’t look like he can, we were more concerned with him applying as fast as possible) and I noticed that it said the following. Submitted: 8/12 Transmitted: 10/12 This is very confusing to me since the portal says it received it on 8/14. Surely transmitted means something else? I panicked for a minute thinking they didn’t receive it until mid October but know that’s that true, but just wondered. Still waiting…

My daughter just checked and has the same issue. Her application was submitted 8/21 but Apply Texas says it was transmitted on 10/12.

We made same mistake with scholarship application. Wanted to get application in ASAP, back in August. Kicking myself on that!

Scholarship due during application. You will get a green check in AIS. But TAMU likely not look at it until after October because it requires FAFSA to complete the application, and FAFSA opened on October 1st. Also TAMU prefers applicants report all outside scholarship first before awarding scholarship.

You can ignore the “transmitted Date” in Apply Texas application as it is a bug if you meant the date of application. The application date is based on AIS->My Document->Received Document->Freshmen eApplication.

If you finish FAFSA in early October (studentaid web site very slow at the beginning due to millions application flooded in), you may be able to access it via Howdy->Applicant->Financial Aid Portal, but you will need to set up Due Push (2-way verification) before you can access Financial Aid Portal.

My son was able to complete the scholarship app after he submitted his application last year. He emailed through his application portal and was given instructions on how to do so. He received a department scholarship :grinning:

1 Like

I checked Apply Texas and my son’s application also says Submitted 8/28 and Transmitted 10/12. We looked through his emails and thankfully saw one from A&M saying they received his application 8/29, so I think it’s okay! Maybe go and check your son’s emails to see if he has a similar email~ I know that made me feel a lot better. :slight_smile:

We also made a similar mistake. We were caught by surprise with the scholarship essay before we were able to submit. Since we wanted to get the application in (already mid Sept), we thought we could submit scholarship application later. So, we just entered ‘later’ in the box for the scholarship essay (since app can’t be submitted if that’s empty). We then called after the application was submitted to ask how we can submit our scholarship essay. We were informed that unfortunately we can only submit it with the application. Ooops! So, my DD will unfortunately not be eligible for any scholarships from A&M now.

@tofuVolley thats a bummer! I can’t remember, has your daughter been accepted already?
Just know that continuing student scholarship application is open Oct 18 - Feb 1 annually, for those students already enrolled. So assuming your student has been accepted, she’ll have the opportunity in years 2-4 to apply for scholarships. Obviously she won’t be eligible for the big scholarships offered only freshman year, but there are definitely departmental and Opportunity scholarship & awards awarded yearly.

I was under the impression that you can still apply for scholarship at a later date after you send main application. I also recently called the scholarship department because my son just received a notice that he is eligible to apply for NHRP and the decision will be sent early Dec. But the TAMU scholarship application deadline is Dec. 1. I had told them that he was already accepted, and they said to just put “no” for now on the question about NHRP but make sure to submit the scholarship application by Dec. 1. And then if he gets the award then College Board either notifies them or we send them the certificate, and it will be considered for scholarship as long as they get the info before I think they said January.

@aalv enlarge my screenshot, but according to this, revisions to scholarship application are not accepted. I’m sure the NHRP you mentioned would be considered, since that isn’t a TAMU scholarship, but I don’t think you can go back in to review/edit/add/resubmit to the general scholarship application.

1 Like

I think you are right about not being able to go back and revise. My son had already done the Essay A with the original main TAMU application submission. He just hasn’t submitted the scholarship application yet but will soon. I will probably call again to make sure it’s ok to put “no” for now on NHRP and then if he gets the recognition in early December they will still accept it.

1 Like

Yes. She was accepted in late September. Auto-admit. Good to know that there are other opportunities in the future. Thank you!

1 Like

@tofuVolley congrats! Definitely every student (that wants to) has to reapply for scholarships every year. It’s a very specific time frame-mine always does it over Christmas break-no rush to be first to submit. I highly suggest submitting FAFSA every year also; there are some TAMU scholarships that require FAFSA to be on file (whether your student qualifies or not).

1 Like

Anyone heard back engineering acceptances this weekend or this morning? I keep checking and no updates as of yet. And how or when do you know if Engineering is full? Getting nervous over here?

1 Like

Nothing here. DS22 applied 9/23ish. I would feel better if we had some idea of when notifications will come out. I’m thinking of taking up knitting to take my mind off the next month. Or poker to help pay for college.

1 Like

Ha ha ha. Seriously the wait is painful. We have had a ton of engineering school review admits at our school get accepted so I’m nervous about it.

2 Likes

Also my son applied the first day the application opened. First quartile non auto admit review which also makes me nervous. Ughh

2 Likes