Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Thank you!

I SO agree and am in your corner! It’s brutal, and it’s the only app I really care about. We toured Zachry, and both son and hubby (BS '94) were really impressed. All I can keep repeating to myself is that I don’t know what’s going on there; I won’t ever know what’s going on there; and I can’t keep stressing myself into an ulcer.

1 Like

Did all the friends have 1400+ SAT or 31+ ACT if in first quarter? I assume second quarter applicants have to wait until February unless a super high test score.

Does anyone know if Mays is full yet? Anyone offered a second choice major instead of Mays? When will the Blinn Team offers come out…January or February??

If we sent in scores but they were not the highest, so they still look at those scores or do they consider the application without it?

Here are my stats!
Top 11%
3.89 UW GPA
Student council, NHS, FCA
Varsity golf 4 years (went to state 3 of those years)
Varsity cheer 3 years
Varsity volleyball 3 years (went to state 1 of those years)
3 AP classes
21 hours of college credit

I applied first choice Mays, second choice Architecture

1 Like

Mays may be technically full, but acceptance notifications are not completely out yet. Second choice notification or consideration usually done in January.

1 Like

When did you apply? Did AIS assign you as 1st quarter? What is your class size? Did you send ACT/SAT scores?
Your HS stat are way above average, course strength would be better with more APs. Essays and ACT/SAT scores would be keys in your application.

1 Like

Any thoughts re this endless wait?? Applied on 9/30/21. Radio silence since…

Fall 2022. White male. Private high school with no class ranking. Assigned “Top 25%” for some reason by A&M. 3.7 UW. 31 ACT. 1330 SAT. 4 year Varsity athlete with state honors. Lots of extra-curriculars. Interested in the Corp. Applied to #1) Mays, and #2) Philosophy/Humanities.

1 Like

Applied 8/1
First quarter in AIS
Rank 13/127
SAT is 1200
I think my essays were really well written and both of my older sisters who are currently at A&M think so as well.

Imagine if moving up one to two spots will grant you auto admit. The review admit process may be hurt by the relatively low SAT score.

1 Like

Agree, the 1200 SAT is low for Mays.

Do y’all think it would be okay for architecture?

Or if it would be beneficial to change my major on AIS?

Are the departmental and continuing student scholarships stackable with the freshman academic scholarships?

Do they look at FAFSA for the merit scholarships. We will be full pay so just wondering if FAFSa is looked at for this or not.

Is it Architecture under College of Architecture? There are areas under Architecture (e.g. Visualization) that is more or less competitive like Mays.
For second choice, in the past forums years mostly in January.
For Mays application history the forum op @ChristiR93 knows more.

1 Like

@martinezcs departmental scholarships and Opportunity Award can be stacked with the 4 year freshman Academic Scholarship. Departmental scholarships are usually given to sophomore, junior & seniors, normally not to freshman.
My Aggie is PES, and has received both Mays specific and Opportunity Awards, after freshman year.

2 Likes

Have you logged on to Financial Aid Portal yet? They have a lot of information and links there. You do need to set up due push 2-factor login though.
Some scholarships are need based, so yes they need FAFSA. They will wait for other outside scholarship reported and FAFSA before making decision.
For merit based FAFSA not needed but most merit based are not for freshmen.

First major may be a bit late. It also depends on how you tie your interest in essays.
Second major may be but best is talk to your local TAMU advisor. If you have to change second choice major, you can send a question in AIS they will do that within 2 days.

You are just one spot from being top 10%. If you believe this Fall semester you can move up one spot, you can update your transcript in January and get auto-admit. Note that you may not get Mays though.
TAMU will have to admit you by law even though in general they do not consider fall semester grades for review admit.

1 Like