Texas A&M University Class of 2026

@FriscoDad application deadline is December 1. Even if she moved up 1-2 spots at the end of the semester, she will have missed the Dec 1 deadline for auto admit. I think??

We emailed A&M and they said we are able to complete the scholarship portion through even though the application has already been submitted, but they didn’t say how. Any insight? Went into the financial portal and created 2- factor, but there wasn’t anything that pointed us to the scholarship application from what we could see. Before we email then again wondered if anyone knew? TIA!

When we emailed admissions about submitting scholarship app after submitting our applyTexas, they directed us to contact the scholarship department, which is when they told us that we can only submit scholarship application when we applied through applyTexas.

@catherine2022 Architecture is super small and fills up quickly. Mays is the same, so you basically y’all picked really popular majors. eek

The stats are great except the SAT. BUT, they will take out the score and see if it helps her without it.

As for getting 2nd choice and when that’s notified. It happens at any time. My son was in Dec. of his application year. He got Econ. Last year we heard mid November that Mays was full simply by seeing so many get 2nd choice.

2 Likes

The auto admit law has no deadline. So appeal can address that and past February. Even after graduating HS and attended community colleges, top10% can still auto-admit via transfer.

1 Like

While @FriscoDad makes sense regarding the law and appeals, the Admissions presenter at the Aggieland Saturday “Calling All Juniors” presentation in 2018 (YouTube video here) actually addresses the scenarios:

• if top 10% and “after Christmas break” get reranked to top 11%

• if top 11% and get reranked to top 10% (apparently it happens a lot)

In the second example, she gave the “by the Admissions deadline” stipulation though, so it seems to contradict the “after Christmas” phrase in the first example. Maybe she means if the reranking occurred mid-fall semester and before the Dec. 1 deadline?

(BTW, that presentation was 3 years ago, so ignore the part about Academic Admits.)

1 Like

There is definitely a time limit on this. Must be by application deadline.

to @FriscoDad comment on deadline… true IF they graduate top 10% and apply for the next whole year (their 2nd year out of high school) then they can use the top 10% rule. BUT not as an incoming freshman if the top 10% designation isn’t in by Dec. 1st.

1 Like

My son (current freshman) was able to apply for scholarship after he submitted his app last year. I wish I remembered how he did it! I know he emailed through the application portal and they gave him the directions.

1 Like

Did he apply through ApplyTexas? Go to my applications and you still see a plus sign where it says scholarship. Click on that and there are 3 sections that have to be filled out. Then submit when done. I called the scholarship department last week and today, letting them know that my sons were already accepted, and they said make sure to submit scholarship application before Dec. 1st. But I would do it as soon as possible because when my son submitted his scholarship application today, a message from ApplyTexas said it could take up to 2 weeks for some colleges to receive the application.

1 Like

Can you clarify if you completed the scholarship essay when you submitted your applyTexas? If not, are you saying that you can go back to your applyTexas application and submit the scholarship essay now? Thank you!

Yes I believe they had a 31 or above on ACT. My son has a 30 but in first quartile. Our school does not rank so TAMU put him in that rank.

@ChristiR93, May I ask what your son’s stats were? I"m being realistic, and I think my son has a better chance at getting his second choice of Economics over Mays since he’s top 25% and not top 10%. I sure hope they don’t make us wait until after the New Year! My son applied in August, so I hope that helps. Thank you!

My son applied in July of 2017 for Fall 2018 (Class of 2022). He was top 14% from a local high school. ACT was only a 28 (took residual ACT at tamu). Lots of leadership in school and in the community. Biggest kicker was a LOR from a Vice Chancellor.

He loved Econ. And we set it up so he lost zero hours when he changed majors into Mays. He even has a minor in Econ now.

4 Likes

The only essay my son did was the Essay A that was for the main TAMU application that he submitted with his main application. The essay A is required for scholarship application, but it’s already in there because he submitted it from before with the main application. My son did not write any additional essays for the scholarships because he is not applying for those types of scholarships that require an additional essay.

Question about the additional requirements for the scholarship application. On the application it says that you must submit the SRAR and an official high school transcript to admissions. We only sent the SRAR before at the time of the main TAMU application because they were review admits. When you look at the website with the scholarship requirements it only says that they need the SRAR. The transcript is not mentioned. Has anyone already received merit scholarship and did not submit a transcript?

@aalv this link should answer your questions. Next to positive A&M hasn’t awarded any scholarships yet, since applications are open until Dec 1. I think scholarships start rolling out in February.
*keep in mind that A&M is known for not giving out many scholarships (compared to most schools)

1 Like

I am working with a student who has received 2 scholarships already. Maroon plate and PES. So maybe some are coming out earlier than later this year.

1 Like

Oh wow! That’s a lot earlier than normal! Especially PES.

@ChristiR93 That is so awesome that he was able to change over to Mays! I bet he worked hard. It sounds like he’s doing very well there :slight_smile:

I agree. I thought they came out in feb. but she’s oos and nmsf. Waiting to hear final word on that to get an additional $7k per year.

1 Like