Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Totally agree with this. @Karandave NOOOOOO, I do not think a 30 is too low for engineering. I stand by what I told you in our private chat. I only mentioned Residual ACT because you commented on someone’s post saying you should look into it. I think he will be just fine and waiting it out!!!

1 Like

@Karendave We are in a similar boat with no news. My son has a 30 on his ACT and is trying for Mays Business. Even though he applied in August and had a good application, I think he will be lucky to get his second choice of Economics from what I’m hearing.
When I mentioned to him that we could drive to College Station and he could take the ACT again, he looked at me like I had three heads!! LOL I am very torn if that is a measure we are willing to take. I think we may need to resign ourselves to a long wait… At least you have company here!

1 Like

My experience is that more Asian students apply to both UT and A&M. An increasing number of Asian students are applying to A&M, and enrolling, but yield is still much lower than other groups.

1 Like

@tristatecoog , agreed. Most of my DS’s friends are applying to both and they say UT Austin is their first choice. Some of them have been admitted and are now just waiting for to see if they get accepted into the program of their choice. If not, some are going to UT Dallas and some to TAMU.

1 Like

Yes he is taking Ap Calc and Ap Ohysics this semester.

1 Like

Thank you so much your advice is critical to us here.

hi!
I applied to TAMU for thier mays school mid october and am top 20% of my class. I did do test optional and feel like my essays are decent. Is there a chance for me to still get in? I have not heard back yet and its been a little over a month. just wondering, thanks!

Hi, it’s aggiemomhelp with new name.

I honestly don’t feel your stats, especially test optional, will get you in early enough for Mays. You also applied “late” for Mays. Most who want it, even auto admits, apply early August.

I wish you the best, but just wanted to lay it out for you. You may not hear til January or February.

1 Like

Not to dismiss your other (valid) points, but UT-Dallas actually has the highest number of National Merit scholars in Texas, not A&M.

3 Likes

If we didn’t hear anything today, should we assume nothing until after Thanksgiving?

Last week some people on Reddit and maybe here saw the tabs on Saturday morning. So maybe tomorrow, otherwise I’m thinking after Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

I seriously thought there would be a lot of news today. Ugh! C’mon A&M!! :joy:

4 Likes

@HSGingers thanks for that tidbit. UTD must’ve sneaked past A&M in the last year or two; A&M had the most in 2019, and I think last year. UTD is doing everything right, that’s for sure…a true gem in the UT system.

2 Likes

Normally would be weekday morning but so far nothing yesterday and today except a few auto-admit got into general engineering.

2 Likes

@52AG82 , couldn’t agree more. I was pleasantly surprised when my DS heard back from them in less than a week.

1 Like

UTD is starting to use commonApp now, which makes application process much simplified.

1 Like

From the student’s perspective, I wouldn’t say CommonApp was more simple or faster to complete, at least in early August. It took the same amount of time for my son to fill it out as ApplyTexas, AND he had to wait weeks longer for his counselor to be ready to upload the school report with her Counselor’s Recommendation. Now ApplyTexas did have some issues sharing applications in early August with certain schools, A&M being one of them. I wonder if the college’s prefer accessing apps from certain platforms?

Howdy is down this morning until about 2:30pm just so you know.

Assume no activity after Howdy maintenance today. If not next Monday likely will be December…

2 Likes

Sorry auto correct on my phone. Gosh!!! Horrible.