Texas A&M University Class of 2026

Did you talk with someone specifically about engineering review or all admissions?

1 Like

Engineering was what my question referred to, due to the comment on the website about early action, but I believe the response was a more generic one regarding a potential wave next week.

1 Like

My son is not top 10%, not engineering and not Mays…and he just checked his portal and he’s been accepted! Good luck everyone!

14 Likes

@HowdyVal , congratulations ! Do you mind sharing his stats and major?

Thanks!! Major is statistics. Kiddo probably wouldn’t want me sharing stats. He’s taken lots of AP classes and junior/senior grades have been all A the past two years. I am honestly surprised he got a decision this quickly. But nothing surprises me with college admissions anymore these days. I think the whole thing is way too much stress on kids and takes so much fun out of senior year. Hoping everyone’s kiddos have a fun senior year and end up happy next fall.

6 Likes

@HowdyVal , completely understand. My son is Math Major, has lots of APs and good Math Score on SAT. He is not auto admit but top quarter and has been accepted to other Universities but his heart is set on TAMU. You are right, college admission has become very unpredictable. Unless one is an auto admit, it is hard to tell what STATs get them in and what not because someone we know with few AP classes, no SAT is already in at TAMU.

1 Like

Can you add recent awards/recognitions you just received to your application?

You can add in a resume and upload that in AIS.

1 Like

Congratulations! Is the acceptance already shown in AIS? Is it possible your son was accepted last week?
Talked to admission yesterday the lady specifically said nothing goes out except spring transfer admission they tried to wrap up before December.

My D just received a text reg change in status. Her application shows accepted.

4 Likes

PlanoAggies….He didn’t know to be looking in the portal for a decision, so we don’t know what day he received notice. He had been checking email.

I’ve honestly looked at the screen shot he sent me numerous times because I keep fearing he misunderstood. But it clearly says accepted and welcome to the Aggie family. We didn’t expect a decision this soon. Good luck everyone. The waiting is so hard. We waited for my older son until March (not A&M)….it’s so hard.

2 Likes

My D applied last week and we weren’t expecting to hear this soon. She is auto-admit but this is very fast.

@HowdyVal all communication goes to the student, thru AIS, Howdy Portal (and TAMU email once they’re accepted).
Student should get into the habit of checking Howdy daily (never parent, just student). Even accepting financial aid & scholarships is done thru Howdy.

Yeah can u come convince my 17 year old of this? :joy: I sure don’t check it. I don’t even know how.

1 Like

@HowdyVal he will figure it out…especially once he misses something important! :crazy_face:
Make sure y’all have paid Housing deposit, if he plans to live on campus. Like, stop and do it right now-dorm selection is based on time stamp Housing deposit is paid (make sure you complete all steps-which ends telling you the next step is to wait for phase 2). It’s $75 non-refundable. Even if he’s on the fence about attending, be safe and pay/apply.
Kudos to you, for not checking! I never did either, wouldn’t have a clue how to log in, but you’d be surprised at how many parents do. Huge no no.
If your son does attend A&M, they’ll tell you during NSC how to set up a Parent Howdy (which allows you to add funds to Dining Plan, link to pay tuition/fees, see their schedule, print off transcript, view Parking info-very basic info).
Welcome to A&M!

1 Like

@HowdyVal Congratulations!
Parents will have their own set of Howdy’s login (to pay the bills…, and check their kids’ grades.) You will know in the NSC…

1 Like

Do the students set-up TAMU email after they accept the offer to attend or once they are admitted? My daughter has been admitted to TAMU and her major, but I do not remember her mentioning setting up a TAMU email account. She does look in Howdy, but besides the rate style, housing and scholarship info, not much there yet.

1 Like

@ElsiesMom good question! I don’t know, my Aggie did it all.
@ChristiR93 can you help?

In Howdy Home tab, under Quick Links, expand Information Technology (IT)

All TAMU IT service is under their IT.tamu.edu, or you can click below

Texas A&M Gmail | IT.tamu.edu

3 Likes