Texas A&M University Class of 2026

We tried it (email) and it didn’t work for my daughter. I’d be interested to know if it works for anyone else admitted this fall yet. It shows her email as “disabled”. “You are not eligible for a Google Apps Account.” Maybe they have to register for NSC or enroll first?

1 Like

My son applied to Mays in early August…his second choice is Economics. We are brand new to college applications and just now ( after reading the thousands of posts)realized that he probably chose the two harder majors competitively wise. As an 17 year old, he still isn’t sure what he wants to do but figured business is a good starting point.
We wish now we had discussed this with others…things are so different then when I applied 30 years ago…back then, I just put a major without worrying about my chances.

Anyways…like I said, he applied in early august.
Played varsity baseball all 4 years.
Tons of volunteer hours…coaching disabled kids every summer. Took honors and AP classes too but definitely not on the level I’ve been reading above.
He goes to a college prep private high school in Texas…so in state.
His school does not do class rank.
He is in the second quarter according to his self- report.
He has a 3.5 gpa.
He scored a 30 on his ACT…I wished he would take it again because this score feels low to me compared to what I’ve read above.
He did get a 32 in the math which I’m not sure Mays will look at separately for business.
He got a 32 in English and a 31 in reading.
His science score pulled his composite down but he knows for sure he doesn’t want to major in science so hopefully that won’t hurt his chances.

I know I’m rambling…but it’s very nerve wrecking. With him being our first, we just feel so unprepared. He is overall a good student but sadly it still may not be enough???!!!

Thank you

2 Likes

Same. When I asked my daughter, she said she tried earlier and was not able to access it yet.

Yes some students get this earlier than others, some students set up in NSC. Once enabled, all email from TAMU will automatically go to the TAMU gmail.

1 Like

Oh my gosh- I had no idea that I could do this eventually. I like the idea of being able to check grades to keep an eye on how my student is doing. Do all schools have parent portals like TAMU’s?

2 Likes

@zutenten to clarify, you can’t truly check grades.
Fall of freshman year, Parent Howdy allows parent to see Midterm grade and final semester grades…that’s it. And only Midterm average IF professor inputs it (many don’t).
Parent Howdy is great tho, for paying tuition/fees, checking Parking Wait List, upgrading/downgrading Meal Plan, checking Meal Swipes & Dining Dollars used/balance, printing 1098-T for taxes, viewing Financial Aid & scholarships, and viewing/printing transcript.

3 Likes

Ok thanks. So you’re sure that even if he’s not ready to accept the offer of admission he can apply for housing? We don’t care if we lose a deposit.

3 Likes

@HowdyVal for sure apply for Housing RIGHT NOW. Housing deposit is not accepting A&M offer, that’s what NSC is. If he decides not to attend A&M, just cancel Housing contract by May 1.

3 Likes

Thank you so much.

1 Like

It is pretty cool for TAMU, not all colleges have parent portal.

2 Likes

Yes what they said above and be thankful you can’t see what’s due and when, the busy work grades, the first failed exam etc. Just final grades ( mid term grades too when under 30 hours).

2 Likes

The 30 is nothing to sneeze at. 2nd quarter is rough though and probably won’t yield a Mays acceptance since you won’t likely hear til after the new year. Econ should be available if he gets accepted. His sub scores are really solid!

Possibly a TEAM offer scenario for Mays (which would be amazing).

Keep us posted and feel free to ask anything. WE are here to help.

1 Like

@martinezcs @ElsiesMom

If I remember correctly from last year, after one is accepted, AIS had a to-do list and at the bottom were other tasks to be done, including a link to set up a tamu gmail account. Things may be different this year. Seems like that task and link showed up in AIS shortly after acceptance and way before NSC.

Thank you for replying! What is a TEAM offer? He made mostly A’s and B’s pretty equally so we were surprised too that he was put in the second quarter.
In the end, he will go where’s he’s meant to go but it sure does add another level of stress to our kids who are stressed out already.

And I’m speaking generally. My son isn’t too stressed. I wish I could bottle up his attitude. Haha

1 Like

Did he apply test optional?

On Admitted Students webpage, Activate your A&M email account - “Once you have registered for your NSC, a Texas A&M email account is available for you.” So this looks like student needs to register first, before their email can be activated.

3 Likes

Google Blinn Team business. It’ll give you all the details. Basically you’re an Aggie and take 6 hours at tamu campus and other classes at rellis (blinn) campus. It’s a 2 year program. Have to meet the requirements for guaranteed admission but it does save money the first year or two.

As a team student, you have every right/privilege as a full time aggie. It’s a great pathway. One that you can’t apply for. Tamu has to offer it. These offers typically come late January.

1 Like

Register, pay, schedule NSC. Receive confirm. Approx 24-48 hours later, AISusername@tamu.edu email becomes active. However you have to utilize the Google Apps at TAMU link to check configuration/settings if necessary. Without tamu email, one cannot complete honors app/LOR etc. TAMU google apps at: google.tamu.edu

2 Likes

I’m actually an agribusiness major and absolutely love it (using my mom’s account to help my little brother out with admissions stuff). I really wanted to be in the ag department and TAMU, but I want a more business orientated career. The agec classes you take are super easy but do supplement a lot of the topics I’ve learned in my business courses. I recommend the major for people who don’t know exactly what they want to do business wise cause you get a taste of everything

4 Likes

at TAMU*