Texas A&M vs Pitt

Hello,

I am a high school senior graduating this May. I have got accepted to both Pitt BioE and TAMU BME undergraduate honors. I have checked the course schedules for both offerings and they are very similar in content, electives, specializations etc.

I am from TX so TAMU has the home state advantage, costing a little less than Pitt. However the thought of being independent also appeals to me. I plan to pursue med-school after graduating.

TAMU has published all the statistics for BME who matriculated to medical school over the past couple of years. People who have got very good GPAs (above 3.7) and a good MCAT have made it to medical schools with no problems. However, I have not been able to dig up statistics for Pitt to make a good comparison.

Pitt is known for UPMC and has a lot of research, volunteering, and shadowing opportunities, but I did not find a lot of information about available opportunities at TAMU. UPMC attracts students from nearby Carnegie Mellon, which makes me wonder about the competition for these spots.

Can anyone in the same/similar situation please help me. Thanks a lot in advance!