Texas A&M

Trying to be patient waiting on a decision for my daughter. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to this process. She is ranked # 5 out of 20 seniors. Students that are ranked below my daughter are getting admitted. It is a small private school and everybody knows everybody’s business. Very stressful. She really wants to go to A&M. Both my husband and I went along with all siblings, grandfathers,aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Application submitted in late August. Any suggestions are appreciated.

What are her stats?

Have you tried calling admissions yet to verify that there are no particular issues holding up her decision? I think she should have heard by today at the latest regarding admissions – by next week for Engineering Review. Can you glean anything from her AIS page? Any outstanding messages on the message tab? I wish you the best. I know it’s really stressful and frustrating.

@DL43516, Here are some direct quotes from TAMU Admissions that were made on the TexAgs forum just yesterday.

"My gut tells me we’ll send another 500-600 offers of full admission for Fall 2015. Approximately 3,500 Blinn TEAM offers and approximately 700 Gateway offers will be sent as well.

Certain majors are not more competitive than others; the issue is that certain majors are more popular than others. …
… In addition to Mays, the following majors are full: Communication, Journalism, Psychology and Visualization."

And,

“Last year, there were some offers of full admission that trickled out (along with denials) into the month of February. My gut tells me we’ll continue sending offers of admission (full, TEAM, Gateway) as well as denial letters into February this year.”

So, if it helps, you are not alone in your wait. Check out this link http://texags.com/forums/17/topics/2230552/last. You can ask your own questions for TAMU Admissions or you can just follow along as other people ask and are answered. It might help calm the nerves a little.

Hang in there!

The scores they look at are M+CR or Composite ACT. Assuming she did not qualify for academic admit (1300 & 30 with min. req), average scores for admission are 1230/1240 or 27 in review category. She is in the range for ranking - 85% are in the top 25%. IF students below your daughter have already heard ( must be review due to rank), the evaluation for review candidates include everything- 50% rank & scores 50% everything else in the file (essay, EC, awards, rec, etc) so something must have stood out on their applications. There have already been roughly 2000 review admit decisions released thus far (also from TexAgs site), but as stated above there are still more to come. Good luck!