Texas Tech ??????

Overall opinion of the school?

Also I am a fairly liberal person who is studying political science… Bad idea?

fine school but you gotta like lubbock or at least be able to tolerate it.

Great school, but it leans conservative. Also, Lubbock is a place that either you love it or you hate it. If you lean liberal, you might be more likely to hate it. That doesn’t mean you can’t find plenty of organizations for liberal-minded students and make loads of friends. Lubbock is a fair size city, so you’ll have things to do, but it’s very isolated. You’re at least 5 hours in any direction from real civilization.

Most people I know hated Lubbock and couldn’t wait to leave for a bigger (and better) metro area. But it seems like everyone I know really enjoyed being a Red Raider.

But to me, Tech is in a weird place, for a very long time it used to be the clear winner for high quality students that were anti-A&M/UT seeking a premier public education but now other public TX institutions such as UT Arlington, UT Dallas, UT San Antonio, University of Houston, University of North Texas have made great strides in taking many of those students from Tech. So yeah Tech is having a bit of an identity crisis in my opinion.