Textbook Question

<p>D finally has a textbook listed, only one class so far. I have a question about the way it is listed.</p>

<p>There is the rental option and the purchase option. I understand the difference, but under the purchase option here are the choices:</p>

<p>Used $97.10
Used Rental $55.25
New $149.35
New Rental $93.10</p>

<p>Are the “rental choices” to purchase previously rented books? </p>

<p>Under the rental option, there are two choices, Used and Used Rental, both with a price of $59.15.</p>

<p>The class is ARH 253</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>That seems a bit weird.</p>

<p>I’d call and ask.</p>

<p>The Supestore charges less to rent a used book than a new book, hence the difference in prices. Having options of both used and used rental under the rental section is likely a data input error on the Supestore’s part where the same item is listed twice.</p>

<p>Are the rental prices less than the buy back prices on books? We’re trying to decide what to do about textbooks.</p>

<p>That’s a good question too! But D thinks she will keep this book, so we will buy instead of rent. </p>

<p>Here’s a question about used books from the Supestore: Since we are buying them online without being able to see them, is there some sort of “standard” for the used books they are selling? I remember, back in my college days, going through stacks of used books to find one that wasn’t heavily highlighted or written in. If the Supestore has a book ready for you to pick up, is it guaranteed to be in good shape?</p>

<p>^^^ I was thinking the same thing. Often times there is no difference whatsoever between a lightly used and new book, but sometimes the books can be BAD. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the used book that they give you, are you allowed to ask for … or go search for yourself … a better replacement?</p>

<p>The Supe Store doesn’t buy back heavily damaged books. So most of the used books they sell are at least in decent quality and most I’d say are in good quality. </p>

<p>And they do accept returns so there’s no reason you couldn’t ask them to switch it out for a better quality used book if needed.</p>

<p>BTW, BamaMom. I saw that same thing since lil bro is taking ARH - 253 as well. I thought maybe it was in error so I had him jump on the used rental price right away before they corrected it :-)</p>

<p>You’ll be able to find that book a lil cheaper online but not by much. They seem to retain their value pretty well.</p>

<p>we haven’t sold any books back. what do they typically give you back for a book?</p>

<p>A book rental is generally 55% off of the new/used price. Buyback prices are usually 50% or less of the book’s selling price and are different depending on if one bought the book new or used. It is also possible that the Supestore will not be buying back the book at the end of the semester. Also, consider selling back your book online. I’ve used Amazon and Abebooks (processed by textbooksrus.com), and Chegg buyback to get more money/credit than the Supestore was offering. Most buyback places offer free shipping and Amazon’s buyer will return the book to you for free if it is not in “good” condition, but only pays in Amazon giftcards. Buyback prices can differ widely between websites.</p>

<p>If you order a used book from the Supestore and are not satisfied with its condition, you can return the book and choose another copy or get your money back.</p>