Textbooks

<p>Where can you find the best deals for textbooks,new or used?</p>

<p>Used are always the best deal and you should be able to find most of your books used as long as you dont wait until the day class starts to get them. You can find books (new and used) at both the University Book Store, or the Underground Book Exchange on State Street.</p>

<p>The Undergrounds books are often cheaper. Of course, you can always shop around ebay or amazon for even better deals.. good luck</p>

<p>I bought mine at the uw bookstore. Their prices for used textbooks were about the same as the prices on half.com. Whatever savings would've been eaten up by the S&H costs (btw If you plan on ordering off of uwbookstore.com, the shipping rate is quite reasonable... $5.50 for $350 worth of books). I wish I would've had the chance to check out the underground bookstore though, esp. since I had a coupon from SOAR (darnit!).</p>

<p>Alibris.com is usually pretty good, and they give ratings to all their books that are pretty accurate.</p>

<p>If buying used from University Book Store, i would highly recommend that you purchase them in person. The reason is so you can thumb through the used books and pick out the copies with the least amount of writing/highlighting in them. The books will be the same price regardless if the entire book is written through, or never been read. You will have no control over what condition your used copies arive in if buying online from UBS.</p>