Thank You!

I have been reading here for almost 18 months but have only lurked - this is my first post and I feel I need to start with extending thanks to the people of this board. I am the parent of a dd17, a ds20, and another dd23. My dd17 has committed to UA and is so excited! This would have never happened without the parents on this site. I first learned about University of Alabama from reading CC. We would have never considered UA without CC and all of the parents so willing to offer advice and answer questions. I have read through almost every post - years back and all of the pinned threads. The information is amazing. Thank you. We set up a visit last spring through the honors college (how to information found here, hotel and meal information found here, honors contacts found here) and we LOVED the campus and the people. Dd17 applied and was accepted in September and received the Presidential scholarship. Signed up for housing in October the day it opened (learned that reading here) and has the second housing time (took 12 minutes to register - just a few minutes too long to make it in the first housing draw). We went back for a visit this winter, toured again just to make sure before turning down her other offers, and still love it. She has joined the bama facebook pages and I have joined the parents’ pages. I am overwhelmed by the parent support and enthusiasm for this school.

I hope that as we have more experiences I will be able to answer questions and give back since we have received so much from everyone who has taken the time to share their experiences.

Roll Tide!

Welcome, and Roll Tide! Please join us on the Facebook pages for even more info! Look for “The University of Alabama Parents” and “The University of Alabama Parents Group,” as well as “The University of Alabama Parents Class of 2021”

Roll Tide!

Stop over at the Parents of the HS Class of 2017 thread. Lots of Bama folks over there!

@STEM2017 The Parents thread is one of the other threads that I try to lurke on frequently. It is very hard to keep up over there - literally and figuratively. All of your kids are some kind of amazing! I also read through the average excellent student thread last spring and summer and quickly learned that my daughter is amazing to us but in the college acceptance world she is average! I thought there were some early acceptances at UA on that thread but i didn’t think there were any kids with Bama still on the radar. That is exciting!

A couple of kids have committed and a couple are still weighing their options.

My son didn’t get Presidential so he moved on. Your daughter is amazing, even in the college acceptance world!

Congratulations and best of luck!