Thanksgiving at UA

<p>Do a lot of students stay on campus over Thanksgiving break? Is there some kind of Thanksgiving event on campus?</p>

<p>Yes, many kids are on campus over T-giving. </p>

<p>the school hosts a Thanksgiving meal. It costs $5 a person, but all money goes to charity. It’s a full T-giving meal.</p>

<p>Dr. Sharpe has been known to invite Honors College strays to his home for Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>This year, as last, my son is celebrating Thanksgiving in Birmingham with the family of a friend/roommate who he met at Outdoor Action last year. I called him yesterday and he said, “Can’t talk right now. We’ve got to rake leaves.”</p>

<p>No free lunch! I love it. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.</p>

<p>Every day is Thanksgiving at The University of Alabama. We’re all thankful that we’re not cow molesting auburn fans.</p>

<p>…lol.</p>

<p>Good to know that I won’t be on campus alone for Thanksgiving. Probably won’t be going home since my family isn’t big on the holiday.</p>

<p>This is son’s second Thanksgiving on campus, he said that campus is dead and that the strip was closed and deserted on the day before the holiday. Last year was very different because of the football festivities.</p>

<p>Robotbldmom, that could be good or bad, depending on your kid, and how much they need to get done during the holiday!</p>

<p>That’s true, it could bother some kids but you can be really productive (lots of study time) if you want, or just sleep. :)</p>

<p>My son is there also and gave the same report. Everything is dead. He is getting alot of work done ahead of time as he will be traveling to the game today with the band. I’m sure tomorrow will be different with everyhone coming back. Also, not much choice for dining halls so those nice dorms are realy sweet in regards to cooking something.</p>

<p>RTR.</p>

<p>It looks like - for now - every other Thanksgiving weekend is busy. Last year, when the Iron Bown was at Bama, the city was hopping.</p>

<p>It would be nice if Bama Basketball played home games during T-giving weekend that the Iron Bowl is away (not the same day though) so that T-town would have that to keep things busy.</p>

<p>Well, they usually do. They had a game on Wednesday night (vs Alabama A&M) and one tomorrow night (vs Coach Grant’s former team, VCU).</p>