Thats that ***** I don't like

<p>When the teacher asks a black history question and you don't know the answer and your the only black person in the room. (i take all ap classes so I usually am) And the teacher frowns at you and other students try their best not to look in your direction.
Or how about when you tell someone your in ap classes or they see your report card and just cant believe it.
Whew, I just had to get that off my chest. Been holding it in for a while now.</p>

<p>^All of this.</p>

<p>I once had an older man as a sub for my AP Lit class while I was in hs who kept asking me whether or not racism was done and over with in 'Murica. It was soooooo awkward.
My senior year I took six APs and posted a pic of my report card online. At school the next day I had quite a few people ask me if I cheat on assignments and tests. o_____O When I asked why they’d say that, they were all, “Um, you’re black.” Like we’re not allowed to do well in school. Then if you ARE one of the black kids who slacks, your slacking is obv because you’re black and can’t so anything besides dance, play sports, or sing. LOL</p>

<p>*do </p>

<p>Hate typos.</p>

<p>So last year my APUSH teacher was kind of race-insensitive and since I was the only black kid in my class he would ask me all these african-american history questions even if i didnt have my hand up and the other white/asian kids in my class did (also im not even african-american im african so the white kids know just as much as i do about black history in the us, perhaps more since im first gen) it was kind of annoying and very obvious to the rest of the class what he was doing.</p>

<p>Oh wow that sucks. I’m fortunate to go to a school where it’s like 30% black and 80% of the black people at my school have great GPA’s, take AP classes etc… So I’m not alone in my APUSH class. Although there are more black people than any other race taking regular classes.</p>

<p>OMG you’re so lucky. lol</p>