The Accepted and Stats Thread

<p>Well, there are a number of chance threads floating about concerning the University of Wisconsin so I thought this thread would help some students see statisitics of peers that have already been accepted. It should decrease repetitive threads and group up these stats. So to help out please list:</p>

<p>When you applied-
What your UW GPA is-
SAT/ACT Test scores-
Where you are from-
When you were accepted-
Anything else you would like to add-</p>

<p>Thanks a lot to those who reply and hopefully this helps those who are nervous.</p>

<p>I applied last year, was accepted, had a
3.5/3.6 uw gpa
31 act
from Illinois</p>

<p>I got accepted this year.
3.87 UW GPA
29 ACT
Top 5/10% of Class
from Wisconsin.</p>

<p>When you applied-this year
What your UW GPA is- 3.86
SAT/ACT Test scores-ACT:33 / 760 Math II 730 US History
Where you are from-MN
When you were accepted-A month ago
Anything else you would like to add-Essays don't matter at all. Trust me.</p>

<p>Did you write crappy essays Silver? Hehe. Anyway I agree with you on that to a point. However if you have more average or borderline scores there actually used to a degree. Thanks to those who have replied so far, keep em' coming!</p>

<p>WOW, you guys all have above 80% chance according to their chart.
are you serious Silver? so basically U of W is just like Penn State who just looks at "numbers"? will OOS decrease my chacne? and do they re-calculate your GPA, because my school doesnt do UW GPA.</p>

<p>When you applied- Mid September
What your UW GPA is- 3.587
SAT/ACT Test scores- 1960
Where you are from- Virginia
When you were accepted- about 2 weeks ago
Anything else you would like to add- 7 AP's, solid EC's, great letters of rec</p>

<p>Cryto: well I guess it may matter if you're on the border line, but I spoke to the admissions guy when he came to our school and he mentioned that UW doesn't care about whether you're the leader of your club or how good your essays are, GPA and test scores are what's important. I took his advice and wrote 1 sentence in the essay section, and I got in so :D</p>

<p>PSP: I don't think OOS matters too much for UW, and I'm pretty sure your school have your uweighted GPA unrecord. If not, I have no idea :(</p>

<p>Hmm thats interesting silver because I noticed there was no word count at that section. Im still under review, but am like exactly the same as sinkman. I have 3.58 UW and 1950 SAT and 5 APs. Im really hopeful. Anyways PSP, yes they will recalculate your gpa for you.</p>

<p>silver: did you seriously write just one sentence?</p>

<p>yep. It didn't say anything about min/max word limit.</p>

<p>what about teachers rec letters?</p>

<p>When you applied- Last Year
What your UW GPA is- 3.23
SAT/ACT Test scores- 32
Where you are from- OOS
When you were accepted- January
Anything else you would like to add- Bad GPA, but Private School & Really Really Strong ECs.. so I disagree with Silver, because if they just looked at GPA & Test Score, I would not have gotten in right away... I was told by the admissions counselor I visited when I went there that if your school doesnt rank (mine doesnt) then most people get deferred because it's harder for them to tell how you stand among your peers. So I commend you for getting in off of writing one sentence, but I wouldnt reccomend it.</p>

<p>Daughter's application complete on 10/29
Accepted on 11/30
SAT: 1960; ACT 28 (both single sittings)
From OOS well regarded public high school
UW GPA: 3.65 (11 APs)</p>

<p>When you applied- October
What your UW GPA is- 4.0
SAT/ACT Test scores- 33 ACT
Where you are from- michigan
When you were accepted- early november
Anything else you would like to add-</p>

<p>Applied: September 1st
UW Academic GPA: 3.8875
ACT Score: 27 (& 10 Writing)
When Accepted: December 6</p>

<p>KHans- you had a relatively poor gpa, your essays would have helped you more than someone with both great grades and test scores- that person has already shown they can translate ability into accomplishment, you needed to show more by writing about why UW should admit you. You said you were accepted right away- did you also apply in January? With rolling admissions and a Feb 1st deadline they probably had already gone through most applications and knew where to draw accept/postpone/deny lines for that class.</p>

<p>i just got accepted!</p>

<p>act-33
gpa- 4.3</p>

<p>from illinois</p>

<p>I literally just found out.
School: College of Arts and Sciences
Major: Economics
Decision: Accepted :)</p>

<p>GPA: 3.66
ACT:30
ECs: Volunteer Work, Jewish Stuff, etc, etc

<p>When you applied- Late September or early October
What your UW GPA is- 4.2-ish
SAT/ACT Test scores- 36 ACT
Where you are from- Wisconsin (Milwaukee area)
When you were accepted- late November</p>