SAT - 2320
From Northern Virginia
Accepted just now today - checked the online app status</p>

<p>When you applied- November 13
What your UW GPA is- 3.85
SAT/ACT Test scores- 33 ACT
Where you are from- Florida
When you were accepted- January 11
Anything else you would like to add- Extremely happy, as UW-Madison has one of the best atmospheric science programs in the country :)</p>

<p>When applied- Mid November
UW GPA- They don't give it to us at my hs, W it's a 3.8
SAT- 1920
From- Boston
Decision- Postponed</p>

<p>crossing my fingers.</p>

<p>Applied 11-14-08 (1 day before early deadline)
GPA 3.85 +
No AP (Not many offered), but hard courses
90%tile in class of 250
28 ACT
Excellent teacher recs
Very good essay writer ;)
In State
Got in 01-11-09</p>

<p>Excited, but not sure where I will go yet. I am also checking out some small (>2000 student) higher end schools (Carleton, St Olaf, etc).</p>

<p>When you all got your acceptances, did you immediately find out how much aid (merit and need based) you were going to be receiving?</p>

<p>There is very little financial aid/merit aid for freshman and as far as I know, it is not determined in conjunction with an acceptance. You need to seek out aid sources independently.</p>

<p>The end of this UW Madison Postponement FAQ article has a little blurb explaining that all students seeking financial aid must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA</a> - Free Application for Federal Student Aid). <a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_Postponed_Applicant_FAQ.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_Postponed_Applicant_FAQ.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Also try the UW-Madison Office of Student Financial Aid for more information (UW-Madison</a> Office of Student Financial Aid) and click on the link for Prospective Undergraduates.</p>

<p>The 2008-2009 Financial Aid Award Guide for UW-Madison (<a href="http://www.finaid.wisc.edu/pdf/awards08.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.finaid.wisc.edu/pdf/awards08.pdf&lt;/a&gt;)&lt;/p>

<p>to all students- thank Madison85 for the many useful links! Remember to check out the UW website for a ton of useful information.</p>

<p>When you applied- November 15
What your UW GPA is- 3.375
SAT/ACT Test scores- 34 ACT
Where you are from- Boston
When you were accepted- January 12
Anything else you would like to add- I am extremely excited</p>

<p>I am really surprised that I got in! My school is probably one of the top college prep school's in MN and about 4 people got waitlisted/postponed; so, feel lucky guys!</p>

<p>wow, I still have not heard. Everything was in mid-October and a counselor has been reviewing my file for well over a month. Hopefully some decision will post tomorrow.</p>

<p>learning same here i still havent heard anything. Its rediculous how they send it out at the last day. BTW, not hearing back this late means im mostly likely denied right?</p>

<p>I'm thinking it means postponed.</p>

<p>I don't think that the length of the wait means a thing other than the counselors who are reviewing your applications are swamped. My son's application was being 'reviewed' for seven weeks. It is just the status that they use when everything is finally in and someone can look at the file. In any case, speculating when you don't really know won't change the outcome. Just try to relax.</p>

<p>Woo hoo!! Son just accepted!</p>

<p>When you applied- 11/8</p>

<p>What your UW GPA is- 3.73 UW (by our school, not sure if slightly diff for UW); 4.58 W</p>

<p>SAT/ACT Test scores- 1330/1920</p>

<p>Where you are from- Virginia</p>

<p>When you were accepted- 1/15</p>

<p>Anything else you would like to add: 8 AP's, lots of honors, strong EC's, essays good and wrote on both topics, 2 strong recs, has volunteered and had a summer job.</p>

<p>Timeline to get a feel (although seems to vary a great deal - be patient, Ad Coms are swamped):
Applied 11/8, in computer as "received and checking to ensure materials..." on 11/12, in computer saying "counselor reviewing" on 12/13, status details "button" disappeared on 1/13, and "Congratulations!" message posted on 1/15. </p>

<p>Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>thanks travelfun, that timeline info is very helpful!</p>

<p>Applied Nov. 14
- GPA 3.3 UW/ 4.2 W
- 27 ACT
- From Chicago
Accepted Jan. 14</p>

<p>accepted </p>

<p>When you applied- early december
What your UW GPA is- ermmm. I wanna say something like 3.75
SAT/ACT Test scores- 29; didn't submit SAT
Where you are from- Illinois