The Accepted and Stats Thread

<p>dukiex3, if you applied early december, didn't you miss the first deadline? how'd you et you acceptance this early?</p>

<p>There are rolling admissions, the two dates are last dates one has to wait for an answer. Unlike other years those applying by mid November don't have to wait until spring for an answer, this does not mean they won't give info as soon as a decision is made.</p>

<p>Applied-December 6
Response-January 20
GPA: 3.95 W
ACT: 30
Decision: ACCEPTED!</p>

<p>carmelojello15, how long did it take for the "counselor to finish reviewing your materials?" Right after the counselor finished, did you get a decision right away? btw, congrats</p>

<p>I'm going to tell you exactly how it happened, okay? Because honestly, the way it went down really frustrated me.</p>

<p>From 12/6 to the first week of January, two of the three categories were marked complete, but my application was still under review for completion. I found this strange considering all of my test scores, transcripts, etc. were sent back in October. I thought something may be wrong, but then the status finally changed to something like "a counselor is currently reviewing your application."</p>

<p>I've probably called them 10 times over the last week but I was only able to actually speak to someone ONCE! Otherwise, the system would just put me on hold and after 5-10 min I'd just hang up. But I was able to reach them last Friday, the 16th, and the Admissions person told me that a decision was made on January 14th. She was not allowed to tell me the decision, but said it would be posted online "in the next couple of days." I continuously checked my status online thinking it could be posted at any moment, but to my dismay, it was never updated.</p>

<p>To answer your question, my online status still reads, "Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. Check back here for updates on your application status." I received my letter in the mail yesterday, Jan. 20. Too bad that in this day in age, technology can't beat snail mail, but what are you going to do?</p>

<p>A word of advice though: call the UW-Madison Undergraduate Admissions Office, give them your information, and they'll let you know the real status of your application. If they tell you that a decision has been made, expect a letter within a week. Good Luck everyone!</p>

<p>Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.</p>

<p>thanks man. very thorough.</p>

<p>they received my app and test scores on 12/19, but they are still reviewing my file to ensure they have all materials necessary. how long do you think it will take to change my status to counselor is reviewing my app?</p>

<p>adchen- no problem. i wanted those kinds of stories while i was waiting.</p>

<p>psp-fifa-fan- it took about a month for me. remember that christmas/new years fell after our apps were submitted, so you should expect the same for the status change online... any day now, really. but then again, the system is so backed up that by the time it updates online your application could already have begun to be reviewed.</p>

<p>Here's the Contact Us page on the Undergraduate Admissions site:</p>

<p>Undergraduate</a> Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison</p>

<p>When you applied- 10/8
What your UW GPA is- 3.8 i believe? 4.1 W
SAT/ACT Test scores- ACT 32
Where you are from- Illinois
When you were accepted- 1/8</p>

<p>I CAN'T WAIT!</p>

<p>When you applied-all materials were in by 1/22
What your UW GPA is-3.91
SAT/ACT Test scores-1460/2140
Where you are from-a suburb of Seattle, Washington
When you were accepted-1/24
Anything else you would like to add-I'm so excited! One of my top choices for sure! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting-I know how hard it is. I hope to see some of you in Madison next fall. :)</p>

<p>Shakedown, they gave you a decision within two days? I had everything submitted by the end of November and I still have not heard. Lucky you and congratulations!</p>

<p>Saxophonegirl, my app and SAT scores were in by mid-November, but my transcript and recs were only reported as being in the system by 1/22. I think they were just waiting on my grades to make a decision. I'm sure that if all your stuff was in by November you will be hearing soon for sure! Good luck!</p>

<p>When you applied- 11/27--- All items received 1/21
What your UW GPA is- 3.58
SAT/ACT Test scores- 1950
Where you are from- SF Bay Area
When you were accepted- 1/23
Anything else you would like to add- Very pleased and excited to be able to add to my own thread lol :)</p>

<p>cryto, by mail? email? or status page?</p>

<p>I emailed them 1/20 concerning the fact my transcript had not been received. They emailed me back 1 day later and it said they had received my transcript and my status changed that day to an admission person is reviewing application. On 1/23 my status changed again to a decision has been made, but it didn't say what. 1/25 it changed to Congratulations! and said my letter was on the way. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow.</p>

<p>When you applied- end of November
What your UW GPA is- 3.88
SAT/ACT Test scores- SAT I: 2120
Where you are from- Maryland
When you were accepted- January 29th
Anything else you would like to add- First college acceptance! I'm finding out about everything else at the end of March/beginning of April so it's really awesome to be in somewhere. SO EXCITED :)</p>

<p>When you applied- Nov 15
What your UW GPA is- 3.76
SAT/ACT Test scores- SAT I: 2000
Where you are from- NYC
When you were accepted- Jan 4
Anything else you would like to add- Hmm now I'm trying to decide on housing its so annoying how they make it due Feb 2. No idea what to pick. Public or private housing.</p>

<p>It has nothing to do with the thread but i have a question about the adimission process. Apparently, even though I sent my application on Nov. 14th, they told me that I fall under second notification. So does that mean that they will ask for my midterm grade? or should I be hearing from them pretty sooon?</p>

<p>One of the parts of your application probably wasn't received/sent by the 15th. I would expect you should hear soon unless you are really borderline. As far as grades, if they are good you might as well send them to make yourself look better. Good luck</p>