The Anomaly - June CC Book Club Selection

That book reminded me so much of my childhood in Somalia - the ex-pats at the Hargeisa Club were straight out of that book!

4 Likes

You had such an incredible childhood !

1 Like

Happy to read “The Lincoln Highway” for this group since I’m also reading it for Books on the Beach. (Two birds, one stone, etc.)

For my RL Book Club, which takes the summer off, we’re reading “The Fountains of Silence” by Ruta Sepetys for September.

Speaking of Agatha Christie, I’m currently reading “The Mystery of Mrs. Christie: A Novel” by Marie Benedict. The book explores the mystery of Agatha’s 11 day disappearance in 1926. Fun read!

4 Likes

Thank you! This sounds intriguing! I will check my library for availability🤞
Our library system is big but the book and copy availability isn’t always reliable.

1 Like

I received “The Lincoln Highway” from my daughter for Christmas and read it earlier this year. I am looking forward to rereading it and the following discussion.

5 Likes

Get ready to settle in for a 500 + page summer read!: The Lincoln Highway - August CC Book Club Selection

3 Likes

Why the related modules by the FBI interrogators with the subjects birthplaces?

IRC it was just part of the protocol to see if they really were the same person. I think they nearly always tried to confirm one wrong fact and got corrected. That was how they decided they really were doubles, not fakes.

2 Likes

By the way, “The Lincoln Highway” is indeed a quick read. I read it in 48-72 hours. It reminded me of several books we have read recently—will discuss in August.

4 Likes

Just watched an episode of “ American built” about the Lincoln Highway. I hope it enriches my reading experience. It was fascinating to see footage .

3 Likes

Tried to post link- just google “American built” with Stuart Varney